the Rift

[OPEN] The Gathering [Edge Herd Meeting]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
I remembered the Sunshower saying something about a floating Island being gifted to Helovia by the gods, but I hadn't yet found it in my heart to visit the Island. The idea of finding myself on an island that was suspended many...many feet, maybe even many miles above the ground that my yellow painted hooves had forever been planted on was horrifying. Almost enough so that I would avoid the Island for the entirety of it's presence. If it were there for the rest of infinity, then so be it, I would not be up there.
But if that were the case, then why did I find myself standing here in the Veins staring up at this mass of rocks, clouds, and waterfalls that loomed overhead. Before I had a second to rethink things and go back to the Edge where I belonged a white splashed limb struck out forwards into the clouds that were lining the ground. Panic washed through my frame as gravity lost it's grip on my body and the clouds began lifting me through the sky. My knees locked as I braced my body for the falling that I expected to happen any moment now, but it never came. The wispy, damp material was strong enough to hold my whole weight even as panic was taking over the nerve endings and causing me to shake like a leaf about to fall at the end of Orangemoon.
A snort tore through my flared paper thins as I tried to collect myself as I was flown through the bluest of all blues sky towards the Island that the gods had presented to us. A shiver passed through my multi-hued frame as I began to truly enjoy the euporhia that came with the adrenaline of being on a cloud. It was the closest thing I would ever get to flying and it was exhilarating! A whinny of excitement broke free before I had a second to hold it back, but the wonders of the cloud ride ended to early as the island that had been looming overhead a few minutes ago was now right beside me. I could feel the cloud pulsating against my hooves, urging me to step forward and onto solid (I think?) land once more.
I hesitated only momentarily this time as I hopped off of the cloud and onto the cherry blossom covered ground that was the Island. My harks swiveled about as my own orchid pools widened with surprise. It was beautiful up here, but the beauty was quickly pushed to the side as the Sunshower's call broke through the mutterings of the other Island dwellers. “Come, Qian- those of the Edge! Who has news of this place? Let us know what you have learned of it!” Kahlua's call was beckoning to all of the Edgers who had somehow found their way up to the island as I had...of course mine had been nearly against my will and I was sure that if I were to run into any gods right now the air would be filled with their laughter at the sight of me being pulled from the ground with a panicked look plastered to my normally stony features.
My blonde tail smacked against my ankles as I turned in the direction of the Sunshower's voice, it didn't take long before the black and white's frame came into view. Her nearly ever present smile plastered across her pretty features as she stood there, a few cherry blossoms scattered across her back and tangled into her mane, waiting on all of us to arrive. A light smile spread across my white washed maw as I drew closer to the mare who I hadn't gotten to know quite as well as I knew the Stormbringer, her other half. "Good day Kahlua. I hope it has treated you well." As I spoke my skull dipped in a show of respect and greeting to the kind Queen, I wondered what information she would have about this strange Island as I wanted to know more about it.

"words."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 680
OOC;; Please tag me if your character speaks directly to Cheveyo :3
Cheveyo
i've got thick skin, and an elastic heart
x - x

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Messages In This Thread
The Gathering [Edge Herd Meeting] - by Kahlua - 08-08-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: The Gathering [Edge Herd Meeting] - by Cheveyo - 08-08-2014, 09:02 PM