the Rift

[OPEN] The Gathering [Edge Herd Meeting]

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Leeka

The island was a strange place, but she had already said that a thousand times over. There was simply nothing else that came to her mind when trying to explain it, even though there were plenty of other words, like anomaly, impossible ( it was floating afterall), bizarre, but strange pretty much summed it all up. Most could probably agree with it to. Time after time she kept coming back, almost as if she was hooked on the mere thought of being bait for some horrendously curious event but this time she would be prepared, or at least as anyone could be when dealing with the unpredictable. However, that wasn't the whole reason why she kept returning. Yes, she had her own secret agenda. Leeka had spent nearly a season as a member of the Worlds Edge, easing into her new life as slowly but as surly as frost yields to the spring and yet she felt barren to the mysteries of her magic. She was a magicker, or was suppose to be. At her introduction Kahlua had mentioned that the Gods granted magic to any who asked and Leeka wondered endlessly if that was the key to her awakening or to her limitation. By rights she should have fledged by now, heard the whispers of power in her ear and felt the threads of knowledge through her heart.

But there was nothing.

Not even an impression to let her know if she was heading down the right path or if she'd awaken at all. It was a disquiet that haunted her relentlessly from the reaches of the dawn to the settling of the night. Her magic was the one thing she had left of Eoroleen, of her sire, of her dam, of herself in that life. Despite having chose to forget that life, surely she could keep just this one thing? It was her birthright, why should she be denied it? It was for this reason she wasn't sure what she thought of the Gods and whether they were good or not. The idea of otherworldly luminaries was outlandish enough for her to understand in the first place. Were they secretly mocking her,these beings, hiding away her power to make her the magicker who was not? Were these Gods the spawn of the darkness that had stolen her home? Where was her magic?! Where?!

Such questions, and as of yet, no answers.

At some point Leeka had gritted her teeth together with anger and frustration, the length of her jaw beginning to tire from the strain. At that moment the young appaloosa loosened a sigh , dispersing the tension in her jaw and her thoughts into the wind, trying to release her worries and for a moment they were suspended as a familiar voice rang over in the air. Kahlua was summoning the herd. Really? Here? What for? Her answer came soon enough. Kahlua must have been curious as to what everyone thought of the island. Well, she certainly had her own two cents on the island. When she found the opportunity, the young mare gladly voiced her thoughts without fear.

"Persoanlly, I'm a bit unsteady to accept the fact of its existence being that it is so far from what I know, but then I am new to Gods, I've never had such lumanaries before in my old land. Their power is truly a marvel. Leeka looked at the sky, finding amusement in the fact that she was closer to it then she usally was. "I agree in that this place acts as a sanctuary, a sojourn from grief and stress, if you will. It is curious how the island seems to distance you from such things. It is also host to the most bizarre race I've ever endured..." She paused, looking over her shoulder at the assembled herd, a cheeky glint in her eyes. " And won." Her chuckle was good natured and not intended to be smug at all, she just couldn't resist it. She was still overjoyed that she had just surivived, much less won the race. "Not to upstage you, of course, my Queen." she added in quickly after, though she doubted the benevolent and cheery queen would hold it against her.
Just one, a little step
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
The Gathering [Edge Herd Meeting] - by Kahlua - 08-08-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: The Gathering [Edge Herd Meeting] - by Brisa - 08-11-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: The Gathering [Edge Herd Meeting] - by Fiore - 08-13-2014, 11:23 AM
RE: The Gathering [Edge Herd Meeting] - by Merida - 08-14-2014, 05:49 AM
RE: The Gathering [Edge Herd Meeting] - by Leeka - 08-20-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: The Gathering [Edge Herd Meeting] - by Kahlua - 08-21-2014, 04:19 PM