the Rift

[PRIVATE] Death Trap [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

He had much ambition and a passionate heart. A dragon heart, burning with an inferno that could sweep away this world; or see him into an early grave. I felt that behind those cold but curious eyes there was something more…Perhaps that was why I didn’t hesitate making this fellow a weapon; perhaps I felt that Oxy simply needed a chance. A friend. For I rarely saw him in the company of others.

That laughter and retort does nothing other than bring a small smile to my face, he either balks at words out of certainty at a victory, or else is over confident. Two things that could prove dangerous when taunting Basin folk, I grin, but it is sad smile, “Return in good health.” It said, though he’d likely not notice. I’d grieve the loss.

His thanks is enough and my hold upon said craft loosens and then releases entirely as he gasps it between jaws. My gaze lingers on it for a moment, brows digging in upon forehead and knitting together as if I had something of great importance to add; but the moment passes and I relax again. He moves to turn away, heading toward the flapping cloth in the near distance. A question pipes past lips, I listen and consider for a moment.

What would happen if he was victorious? The Basin could retaliate, there were a hundred coulds; none of which I could know without the ability to glimpse past the veil that was his future, yar, and thus was impossible. “There will be one less soul in this world I suppose,” tone is not entirely indifferent in its manner, the decision to end a life was a heavy one, wroth with difficulties.

“Violence will often beget violence, it is in our nature to balance the scales.” Scales, some men spent their whole lives trying to make ends toward such a feat; but when was it enough? When our world was painted red with crimson, dripping pus? I nodded his way, “It should be noted also that lessons are often better remembered if the blood is warm and flowing within veins.” Death was final, it was the end of this journey and the beginning anew; but the one who died was said to suffer nothing of previous sins – they carried no weight forward with them into the field of gods.

This was his choice, nobody could make it for him. I could only present a listening ear and understanding, the wisdom of facts learnt from years of battle and the grinding of my own emotions against a sharpening stone.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-09-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-11-2014, 09:08 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-11-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-12-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-12-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-13-2014, 10:17 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-15-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-15-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-16-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-20-2014, 09:36 AM