the Rift

-- I've got blood on my name

Manitou Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

the skull shaman
The skull shaman skulks along, his nostrils skimming the ground, rims flared and bared at the myriad of new smells. He is uptight, and ready - his muscles tight beneath a coat that seems to be too small for his build, ready to take off in flight at a moments notice. He is an experienced creature, ready to kiss the lips of danger full on as they confront him. For Manitou, life is nothing but a game - a game where he and his peers are pawns of the ancestors, the spirits, and the Gods. He knows this, and he is prepared for their fury.

His dapple grey body moves through the trees, tall back scraping low-lying foliage as he moves. His limbs move with precision, like the pistons of a well-oiled machine, driving him forward with a purpose he had yet to understand. Why had he been driven here? Far from his home, at this point, he could not muster a reason that the shining ones would have lead him down this dirty and dusty path - but there must, surely, be some sort of explanation. It was rare that the spirits of his world led him astray; indeed, the skull shaman purposefully called upon their guidance.

Was he running from what he had left behind? From the mistakes - from the scars - that bound him to his fate?

Suddenly, he stopped, his thoughts amiss; a clearing broadened ahead of him, the delicate blades of green grass wet with morning dew. He had galloped through the night, to an unfamiliar place. Nostrils flare once more as he picks a cautious stance, ears flicking in all directions to bring in the sounds of the area - safe, for the moment.

Messages In This Thread
-- I've got blood on my name - by Manitou - 08-28-2012, 08:18 PM
RE: -- I've got blood on my name - by Lace - 08-29-2012, 11:55 AM