the Rift

Chasing Dreams & Butterflies

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
Lily beamed as their new acquaintance looked right at her, or at least in her general vicinity. Raising her head proudly, the violet hallucination tossed her mane before declaring her opinion to Jahzara. 'I think I rather like this gal! The golden vixen was only half listening, her lips stretching into a smile as Kahlua officially welcomed them to...What was it called? Helovia? 'Strange name, but I've heard weirder. C'mon Jay, let's see where she's headed.' With Lily's sign of approval, Jahzara sheepishly began to follow after Kahlua.

Her curiosity led her to follow more than anything. Jahzara was completely fascinated as the pretty mare went on and on with a stream of questions, barely able to catch everything she was saying. "Oh, I'm never alone anymore. I always have Lily! And when she is not around there is Archie, or the butterflies, or even Charles...Well, Charles isn't my favorite. Bad things happen when Charles is here..." Her eyes glazed over while averting her eyes to the ground, her voice trailing off as she mentioned her least favorite hallucination. Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned him...Trying to change the subject, Jahzara quickly caught up to the mare's side while lightening the topic of conversation. "I couldn't imagine being alone for a whole year. Why were you alone?"

Before she could even get her own question, she was thrown off by Kahlua's questions. "Oh, well it is pretty here. From what I've seen so far, at least. My last home was a lot different from this place." She flicked her ears back into her mane as she thought back to the Triminister Cliffs, her last home led by the stallion that had force claimed her. She realized that if it hadn't been for their son, Jahzara would still be living as a prisoner there. The thought of being in need of a new home hadn't even crossed her mind before Kahlua asked. She was so used to wandering, so used to following her hallucinations, that she had never really thought of herself as homeless. "I'm homeless now..." The vixen whispered to herself as this new realization sunk in, causing her to stop in her tracks.

Lily stopped as well, disappearing briefly before materializing by Jahzara's leg. 'Oh, don't you worry Jay. Even being homeless is better than living under that wretched brute's control. Maybe you can make this your new home! Already the other horses are nicer.' Jahzara was only half listening as tears began to line her eyes, thinking back over the past couple of years over how far she had come since her birthplace. She never really stopped to think about her parents or her sister, never really came to understand that she was no longer a princess of Ilnalia. Her crown drooped low to the ground to be near her imaginary best friend. Despite having been years since she had last seen Ilnalia, her mentality being like that of a yearling was only just now letting her comprehend it. 'Oh, no Jay...No don't cry, we'll find you a home Jazzy! I promise...'

The hallucination looked over to the black and white mare once again, narrowing her eyes with interest. 'Ay, you asked about her needing a home, would you be able to offer her a good home?' Jahzara knew that Kahlua would be unable to hear Lily's question, but it brought a small smile to her muzzle to know she was trying. With a sniffle, she leaned towards the purple pony before trying to compose herself.

Messages In This Thread
Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-10-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Kahlua - 08-10-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-10-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Kahlua - 08-10-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-11-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Kahlua - 08-12-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-13-2014, 02:30 PM