the Rift

[OPEN] the death and downfall of mecha scorpion

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK the ENGINEER

Ulrik had caught most of the conversation, and he blinked with irritation at the colorful mare. What a true abomination. He struggled to contain the disdain that poisoned his features with the wretchedness that lived within his own soul. The stallion listened as she said something about someone hurting her, which was absolutely irrelevant to Kahlua being here, asking for him. And what the fuck even was that word? Could she not get across what she wanted to say in the common tongue?

Struggling not to say something sarcastic, his tail flashed around his hocks. Interesting, that someone was being held on trial, but he would figure out from Roland, the spy, what all of that was about. Certainly the petty politics of the hornless were none of his concern. Ulrik stepped forward then, thoroughly ignoring the rainbow in the midst. He rather liked Kahlua's coloring with black and white. To him, the ordinary and natural was beautiful, not this disastrous, impure thing. He wondered, absently, if she was a skyrat gone horrible wrong.

Ulrik shot the suspicious, mutant sky rat a "no one invited you" look before turning back to Kahlua, nodding at what she said. She shouldn't have to justify her actions to this non-common tongue speaking thing, he thought absently, but still, he held his tongue. The Engineer shrugged at her offer of glass and shook his head. "I told you that I would fix it for you," he said, the brusque and harsh tones of his voice a deep contrast to Kahlua's voice. "Everything breaks, but I have yet to discover how to make these machines last longer. They need regular maintenance."

He took a deep breath and looked over the machine, seeing the problem. Some of the metal parts had gotten a little clogged up and needing grease, and the circuit board was a little damaged from normal use. Sometimes these machines just did not survive very well in the elements, and he had yet to figure out how to properly seal them up. Ulrik accessed his magic and wound the scorpion back together again, using his spark to put the circuit board back in place until it was whirring again.

"Just come see me again when you need it fixed," he said, smiling pleasantly and just looking... mad. Maybe he should do something else nice? Get her further on her good side? They were allies, right? The only one not to ally was that jackass skyrat, Midas, and his entire herd of the mentally ill. Illynx had mentioned something about this alliance being important, and he had been angry and half paying attention at the time. But now, surrounded by all the herds, he thought he understood. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

"Hold on," he said, ducking into the tent and gathering some metal from a corn. He emerged and decided to try something new, something he had discovered from the banners of the Dragon's Throat clicking on the spears. The Engineer constructed a machine made of metal teeth of varying lengths and little pins. He was not musical by any means, but he understood proportions and music was just a series of mathematical proportions in both tone and beat.

When he was done, he had made a little music box that was operated by pressing a little mechanical button that started the song for one cycle. He put it in her basket along with the scorpion.

Credits: Image by LyrebirdBlue @ DA

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
RE: the death and downfall of mecha scorpion - by Ulrik - 08-11-2014, 08:46 PM