the Rift

[OPEN] Sleep is for the weary (seele, bel)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

These wings ached from traveling a long distance and normally sharp eyes had grown dim from a lack of much needed sleep; not to mention my mood hadn’t improved in recent moments. One of our newbloods, a spy, followed at heel – her voice the only reason I was still awake at this hour instead of resting in preparation for another trip out come morning the next day. We sought Seele, mostly because I sensed that the oddly painted mare wouldn’t be satisfied with anything less – and being the ever helpful ruler of this land…I was all willing to help see her needs met till burst.

As we walked the sun slipped higher, throwing scattered light above us to filter down from the canopy; our home was heating up for yet another muggy day. I sighed, the breath coming forth as a soft pant that hinted nothing toward visible frustration – though was measured evenly enough to be considered irritable. “Seele?” I called as we approached an opening ahead of the timber.

Oak and spruce spread apart, rays of sunlight broke cover and carried us to an open meadow, gaze drifted toward yon distant treeline in hopes that she would be traveling to the river through here– or grazing on sweet grass glazed by morning dew. Her ebony lips sipping at the moisture before a high sun dried it all up. Neither possibility appeared to be happening at this exact moment. Ivory banner flicked against flanks with growing agitation; instead of lingering I stepped clear of the line and prepared to cross this field, hunting the other likely locations.

credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Sleep is for the weary (seele, bel) - by Midas - 08-11-2014, 09:58 PM