the Rift

[OPEN] Sleep is for the weary (seele, bel)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

We hadn’t made it all the way across the field when Seele emerged, hair distraught and eyes wide with unshed sleep still lingering in their corners. I stilled as she turned to me, gaze pointing and narrow. The words which flowed free weren’t the cry of annoyance to be expected. Nay, she only wanted me to pull the debris from her locks. For a moment a pass of surprise took full control, pushing the weary lines of my face ajar for a brief second. The moment faded when my colead pressed for the reason of our venture.

Before a single word could be uttered in response. The lovely…spy girl over took my attempt. Gaze shifted, brows drawing humorlessly together when her tone took unfavorable turn in my direction. Normally the calm one, normally passive and understanding in all things.

I frowned when her name was finally given life; crown turned to regard the strangely colored lass firmly and without flinch. The tired glaze in my eyes had momentarily fled entirely, “And I am Midas. Czar of this land,” words came free as a hardened warning, and the only one she’d get. I’d not deal with newbloods usurping their betters and being purposely disrespectful. There were those in these woods that would be unkind to such advances – and today wasn’t a good morn to be rubbing feathers the wrong direction.

Sand. I called for it from the ground, urging it up from the center of my being – its golden texture crept across earth, stretching toward the dark female with hungry fingers that slowly levitated into the air. The golden tendrils drifted out, slowly approaching the mess that was clinging ever tightly to my coleads mane. “Be still sister.” I voiced, gentler now.

The delicate fingers did their work while I talked, “There is an island drifting among the clouds near the ocean, southeast of here and west of dragon’s throat.” A pause, to pull gently at a stubborn twig. My gaze momentarily left her honeyed stare, lingering on the silken lock that said branch was so snugly attached, “I’ve already broke words with our Preator. He gathers a clutch of troops to accompany me before dawn tomorrow. Ye is welcome to join us.” With patience and gentle prying the stick gave way, dropping its hold and falling to the ground. “I’ve already searched the skies and land below, they seem by appearance to be secure.”

Small bits of leaf debris litter her spine, gently I pull the fingers of sand to run feather light kisses along the contours. She’d find that the touch would be light, as if silk was running across skin and not smooth granules. Pools drift back to her face, catching those eyes that are so hauntingly like my own. A small piece of greenish, brown is still sticking from her forelock. Absently I drift muzzle forward, seemingly about to plant a very loving kiss upon forehead before lips slide close around the bitter tasting plant. There is a heartbeat that my breath lingers on her skin before the limb is pulled free.

credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Sleep is for the weary (seele, bel) - by Midas - 08-11-2014, 09:58 PM
RE: Sleep is for the weary (seele, bel) - by Midas - 08-12-2014, 11:05 AM