the Rift

[OPEN] Sleep is for the weary (seele, bel)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Nay, she should have known. Hell, all women should know the cruel ways they teased and tugged at the hearts of those around them. Stallions, men without the resolve to hold fast – peer past the dangerous light and thundering gaze. I’d submitted to this before, surrendered everything without question. Where had that led me? Lonely, longing, desiring contact just as much as she; yet knowing my wounds had only begun to seal, shredding open the stitches now could result in a bleed out.

“Midas.” Was that pity in her voice? Fina looked on, eyes surprisingly soft and understanding. A rare thing as they peered into my thoughts – into the sad little heart that only wanted the impossible. Only the impossible. “Sleep.” I stiffened, and shuffled limbs forward, following the dark hips of a woman. I kept my distance from her, knowing that if we drew close – I’d be weakened again.

Don’t thank me, my friend. I’m not a safe person to be around – and this will only lead to a greater hurt down the road. Couldn’t she see that? Everyone I drew close to, my ex mate, my children, the closest of kin. They left, or I chose honor above their needs. And this angry cycle continued.

We pressed into woods, beneath a thick canopy of branch and foliage. It blocked out most light and darkened our world in shadows – crown rose from its hanging position, eyes narrowing, adjusting to the faint glow. The black made her feel safe? Secure? I frowned but said nothing, it was likely she couldn’t see my expression anyway.

Again she spoke, this time pleading me to linger, to stay. Why? I’m almost tempted to ask, what did she want from me? An apology, for…weakness? “I’m here.” Voice is soft, compassionate, I didn’t know how to solve her problems anymore than I knew how to solve mine, “Rest, send thoughts to a more peaceful place and know that I will be near.” Slowly my feet carry me to her left, circling round the tree until I was the one standing between the timberline. Crown lowered again, this time allowing my eyes to slither shut – ears twitched forward, listening for the steady rhythm of breathing and the change of exhale that would signal sleep.

“Midas…” Fina again, one ear slips back, a silent acknowledgement, softly she replies, “Ye could walk away.”

Nay. I couldn’t.

Who fell into the abyss first?

credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Sleep is for the weary (seele, bel) - by Midas - 08-11-2014, 09:58 PM
RE: Sleep is for the weary (seele, bel) - by Midas - 08-15-2014, 01:41 PM