the Rift

[OPEN] Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

The sands welcomed me like a favored son. I stepped onto them willingly and without stumbling forward as a man whom never walked upon the softened texture might have. Nay, it felt right to breath in the heavy musk of rain and mist. A wave of orange moon rain was coming, thick, dark clouds were rolling in from the ocean. It moved to cover the throat in a blessed shadow – shielding it from the heat of an afternoon sun that lay hidden behind many layers of cloud cover. I smiled, another crack of dry lightning painted the sky with fury and light. A sheet of solid rain could be seen on the distant dunes, far off from the border – but close enough to taste its effects on my tongue.

Fina screeched, displeased by the turn of weather; she didn’t favor storms.

We halted at the border, knowing better than to spread a step further into a territory that was no longer mine. No longer home. I scanned the heaven, looking for a patrol that would surely be posted nearby – hoping beyond hope that perhaps Cera or my youngest child would come drifting in from the desert. I’d come to pay them a visit after all, check up on the happenings of their life. Too much time had passed since our last palaver.

Children of sand, and I was still their father in many ways. So many of my kin remained in the throat, leaving me to live in a distant land.

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos) - by Midas - 08-11-2014, 10:52 PM