the Rift

[OPEN] Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

I listened to his reply quietly and without interruption. Truly I’m pleased with what he voices, it would seem my son had finally found a slot in this world; a place where he felt needed and appreciated. My grin is gentle and small in measure, though my eyes are soft with a warming pride. “There is no greater purpose,” I whispered. Previous worry was washed aside by understanding. Protecting those who hold a tender spot in spirit and flesh. “I’m proud ye have entered such a titled position; I’m sure ye will honor it.”

He didn’t elaborate further and I didn’t press for an answer. Let the boy tell what he would, when he chose – it was Cera’s right to share or remain silent. When his words turned toward Ranjiri and the mention of a son I visibly frowned, for a moment I was unable to contain my surprise. Jaws fell apart, slack and wordless, “A child?” I repeated, finding the words tight behind the folds of throat. Gaze narrows, though not out of anger, “I hadn’t realized she was with foal…” Brows raised expectantly, “Could we walk on? I’d like to see them.”

It felt strange asking for permission into a land that had been my birthplace and home for many a year. Yet, I’d given up the privilege to come and go freely – all for the sake of a god. He had also mentioned a quest and the desire for magic, “What quest did the sun grant ye? Perhaps I could aid ye in it.”

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos) - by Midas - 10-03-2014, 01:57 PM