the Rift

[OPEN] Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos)

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
all i've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you

Forgiveness was difficult when abandonment was already a deeply seated issue for the young stallion. But he said nothing more on the issue, lips pressed to a fine line. Those years Midas was ruminating on only compounded the betrayal Cera felt. But as all wounds did, he would heal, and he would make it through whatever else was in his future. All he had to weather was one meeting, long hours of a family reunion he wasn't keen on having. Ears pricked upon familiar name, and Cera smiled to himself, recalling the sweet gilded mare with the pale alabaster skin and the fated connection between her and Ryuu. "I've met Aurelia. I was not aware she held such magic, however. When I see her next, perhaps I will ask for her aid." Gazing over at the bright sunspot Fina embodied, his curiosity piqued.

"Perhaps Fina could aid me?" As they walked on, regardless of whether it was a valid addition to the quest his Lord had placed upon him, Cera began hoping that Ranjiri would appear sooner rather than later. Midas, ever worried for Cera's well-being, voiced his concerns. Cera shook his head, unashamed to admit that he was hurting. He knew his body better than anyone else ever could, knew the extent of his ability to manage pain. "No, my shoulders ache with the creature's claws. It would do me more harm than good." It wouldn't be much longer, anyways. He could already see the tree on the horizon.

Quickening his steps, the youth shuffled his wings to better hide the injuries, not wanting to subject Ryuu to such a sight. He was a sensitive creature, and it would surely upset him. Ranjiri's concern would be more than enough to deal with without encouraging her worry through Ryuu's agitation. A single call, a soft trumpet beckoning the dark shapes beneath the boughs closer, he slows his previously hurried steps. The magnolia was no longer his and his father's. It had been re-purposed, passed down to the next generation, chosen instead to shelter Ryuu as the next orphan to find peace under the shadows of its form. They come to him, slowly, for the cold and the length of the day are sure to be hurting Ryuu's hooves beyond measure, and Ranjiri would never hurry the boy unless his life was in danger.

"Jiri," he greeted softly, presenting his muzzle for their daily ritual greeting and goodbyes. Then he turned to Ryuu, brushing his cheek to the colt's and getting a shy flicker of mismatched eyes back up at him. "Hello, Ryuu," he murmured, and the colt gave a tiny smile. Silent as ever. Ilaria clambered down the bone of his wing before scurrying up the colt's tail to curl upon his tiny spine. Just as Fina had adopted Cera, so Ilaria had adopted Ryuu. It was all too perfect a circle, sometimes. Nodding his head towards Midas, he never took his eyes off Ryuu, knowing the colt was devastatingly shy and it would give him courage to find familiarity with Cera. "This is mine and Momma's dad. He's your grandfather." Eyes try and catch his sister's, a subtle shake of his head and a warm look just between the two of them.

Ranjiri wanted nothing more than for Ryuu to be her own child. Cera would give her that as much as he possibly could, even if it meant withholding the meaningless truth from their father.

Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos) - by Cera - 10-12-2014, 09:09 PM