the Rift

Loyalty is ALL

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

Hazed amethyst peeked out from beneath pale lashes at the call of her voice, focusing with the languid pace of the newly awakened to land upon her frame with clarity. Offering a tentative, kind smile in hopes of silently apologizing for prodding him from his slumber, she concealed her curiosity as his crown tilted and his eyes widened. She wasn't much of an intimidating presence, given both size and temperament. Was it Rathunax he was so surprised by? Before she could dwell further on his minor telling clues, his voice was caressing her aurals and drawing her attention back to the present. His lyrics were coated in thunder and deep, rolling waves across warm beaches. Pleasant to listen to, as he gave his own name in return. Smile curling with pronounced happiness at this display, starting to believe he was truly harmless- at least to her- Nayati tilted her own tiara to the side and laughed softly. "I do apologize, Daemyn, for awakening you. I was merely concerned. Are you new to Helovia?" He certainly smelled of distant lands, but she would politely allot him the time to tell her of that himself.

A coo from Rathunax underlined Daemyn's halted words, and she realized that much like she had been when she stumbled through the snow of the Threshold, he knew nothing of the magic of Helovia. "He is a dragon, and he is my companion. Our souls are intertwined by the magic and will of the Gods of these lands. His name is Rathunax," she stated kindly, the dragon flaring his wings and shaking his body with a friendly noise towards the other spotted soul. Nayati was relieved that the crimson creature was behaving himself, even portraying a kindly demeanor, for he was often sour and protective. Certainly not the best introduction to dragonology for the poor clueless fellow. Whatever damage Rathunax could have done to his newfound reputation was barred by the words that followed in overwhelmed explanation by the wounded stag.

Nayati's expressive face creased in sadness and rage on his behalf, rose eyes alive with the fire of her emotions. "A fool of a king he was then," she spat. "The bend of a knee is supposed to be hard won, as all manners of respect are." With a forced sigh she calmed herself; Daemyn seemed rather hesitant around her as it was, she assumed because of Rathunax, and she didn't want him to think her a zealot. "I apologize. You didn't deserve such treatment." Whether he'd let her tend to him after that outburst or not would have to be seen.

Strong body flexed with motion, drawing a powerful form from the earth to stand above her. But despite his thick mass, his features were schooled into sheepish tentativeness, and Nayati laughed alongside his embarrassed plea for help. Raising herself from where scarred knees touched earth worshipfully, the spotted lass nudged Rathunax from her side to send him for the herbs she would need to tend to the other speckled equine. Nearly endless tresses shifted with the tinkling of baubles in her mane from the Deep Forest fae as she chanced a few steps closer.

"No trouble at all, it's the least I can do for waking you," she smiled despite dropping her head, just as shy in the face of the handsome stallion. As Rathunax chirped his return, she turned and watched as he dropped the bundle of aloe vera and elm at her hooves before gliding back to perch upon her withers. Dropping her lips to the pile she embarrassedly chewed them into a thick pulp, holding the product in her teeth and approaching Daemyn slowly, allowing him the time to deny her touch.

Spreading the poultice was harder, and she was hesitant to press her muzzle so intimately against someone she barely knew, who wasn't part of the Edge. Rathunax followed one wound behind, smoothing the edges to better seal what Nayati couldn't manage. It didn't take long, but the young maiden's jaw was undoubtedly sore by the end of it.

Retreating from Daemyn's cream canvas, she wiped her muzzle upon the inside of her foreleg self-consciously before peering up at the massive stallion from beneath the pale strands of her forelock. Taking in a deep, steadying breath, Nayati let her tiara rise once more and she managed a shy smile. "That should help. I don't have the magic to heal it instantaneously like my herd's Doctors, I'm afraid. Is there anything else I can do to help you?" After all he seemed new to Helovia, and she felt it her duty to help explain to him the world he'd freshly arrived in.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
Loyalty is ALL - by Daemyn - 08-12-2014, 03:01 AM
RE: Loyalty is ALL - by Nayati - 08-12-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: Loyalty is ALL - by Daemyn - 08-14-2014, 07:06 PM
RE: Loyalty is ALL - by Nayati - 08-17-2014, 01:44 AM
RE: Loyalty is ALL - by Daemyn - 08-25-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Loyalty is ALL - by Nayati - 08-27-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Loyalty is ALL - by Daemyn - 09-03-2014, 02:41 AM