the Rift

Eat up

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25
Sevin
Dinner is ready, but the cactus needs salt; pass both please– mind you don’t spill it because that would be unlucky. You’d have to toss a bit over your shoulder. – This is two clues in one. Cactus is a Dragon’s Throat ref, because to the best of my knowledge the only place that cactus readily grows is in Dragon’s Throat. On the salt part; Dalibor has a black and white mane/tail, the salt is a color ref for the white in his mane – tossing a bit over the shoulder was to help highlight the white in his mane.
+1- Cactus reference
0- Color ref. With the clues revealed I can see how this was color ref, but before hand I was a little loss and was thinking this was more of a personality reference to a superstitious character.

Did you remember to wash up? I couldn’t hear the water running. Show me your hands. – Fluff, but it helps tie in the clue below.

No, that just won’t do. One is still stained, go see it cleaned in the basin. – This is also two clues in one. The first part, “one is still stained” is a marking ref, Dalibor has one stained hoof, while the other three are solid black. This is also a minor history clue, because he also has a history that is heavily stained with drama and death – a past he’s been running from for years and trying to was clean.
+1- hoof reference
-1- Basin reference. My own personal opinion was that this was clever, but the rules state nothing obviously misleading.
0- History reference. I think this was better left as just a visual clue.

How was school today? – Fluff

Did you get in trouble for bullying? For spitting? For biting? – This a duty ref, he is a spear and has spent the better part of his life training and battling as a warrior or as a hired mercenary – seeking revenge from Paladin at an early age and thus losing his mate and unborn child.
+1- Personality/job reference. Good for me.

No? It’s good that you’ve settled down - he arrived in Heloiva without a true goal, ready to settle in and end the killing. He chose to settle in Dragon's Throat.
0- This was kind of vague and open for me. Basically any character in a herd could have been considered to have 'settled down'.

2/3 from me, fail.

Messages In This Thread
Eat up - by Midas - 08-12-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Eat up - by Morir - 08-12-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: Eat up - by Midas - 08-12-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Eat up - by Sacre - 08-13-2014, 07:56 AM
RE: Eat up - by Deimos - 08-13-2014, 08:19 AM
RE: Eat up - by Midas - 08-13-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: Eat up - by Deimos - 08-14-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: Eat up - by Midas - 08-14-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Eat up - by Sacre - 08-15-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: Eat up - by Midas - 08-15-2014, 08:27 AM