the Rift

[OPEN] First attempt (Cell #2 finished)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
When you walk away, you don't hear me
This new power was hard to control; seemingly impossible in fact. I was overwhelmed each time this mind accessed its young abilities… the soul could hear the soft songs of various elements crying out below – there were so many different elements. How could I possibly learn to control them all? Most whose name was foreign to me. They were heavy and very dense to pull from earth; not as pliable as gold. I choose a single song to work on – an element called Iron. The ore littered our landscape in the face of mountains and deep within the crust. It cried the loudest and offered less resistance on attempts to pry forward.

Small flakes of iron came from the rocks, emerging in a pure form that was silvery and lovely to look upon. I strained to fashion those flakes into something of worth; particular I strained for bars to finish the completed holding cell my mason’s had recently slaved over. The iron was forgiving in my attempts, though a process that might have only taken an hour or so with the aid of gold --- took nearly half a day.

The end result was a sturdy set of bars, a perfect mate to the honeyed element I’d crafted only a season ago. Sweat had beaded around my forehead and on the points of fragile flesh; the sun was high by the time I’d placed those bars into their slotted position. I tested the swing of it, and with a satisfied but tired smile stood back to admire my first attempt. It was crude to say the least; less refined than the golden talent which so easily came to me through years of practice.
image credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Midas - 08-12-2014, 01:53 PM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Dröm - 08-14-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Midas - 08-15-2014, 05:57 PM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Dröm - 08-17-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Midas - 08-19-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Dröm - 09-04-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Midas - 09-08-2014, 12:22 PM