the Rift

[OPEN] First attempt (Cell #2 finished)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
When you walk away, you don't hear me
I honored her desire to master one skill. Perhaps if I had chosen a single task to focus energy upon – my soul would feel less strained from being pulled in so many different directions. Like a river with too many paths to take, to many choices. Maybe one day those streams would lead me to a quiet pool, one at which this body could find some small amount of peace. Yar, we all looked forward to the end of yon path, the trail that would lead us into the clearing.

She is amazed by me, the idea of such brought a widened grin to my face. I nodded simply, accepting the praise for what measure it was worth. Yar, if only this poor girl could understand what sacrifice had been made to get this far. Power, skill, all of it came at a cost – one I’d been paying for years and would continue to pay for the rest of my life. There was nothing outstanding about my soul, I was simply a mortal man, with sins and faults yet still trying to do right in this world.

“Aye,” I said simply in regard to her first question, “I led Dragon’s Throat before the sickness came to Helovia. Then was summoned here to lead under the watchful eye of Earth.” Her next question brought a good natured chuckle from chest, “Yar, say true. All the time.” I smiled, amused by the shift in our conversation, “It helps to have good friends on which to lean upon.”
image credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Midas - 08-12-2014, 01:53 PM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Dröm - 08-14-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Midas - 08-15-2014, 05:57 PM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Dröm - 08-17-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Midas - 08-19-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Dröm - 09-04-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: First attempt (Cell #2 finished) - by Midas - 09-08-2014, 12:22 PM