the Rift

Objects May Be Closer [Open/All]

Far Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
After yet another arrived, this one with the flappy appendages of a bird, Far made himself stand straighter. It was almost as though her impressive appearance made Far feel rather small, and he battled this feeling with a change in posture. He allowed his natural fight-or-“flight” (ehehehurr) response to settle itself into a semblance of calm, and had watched the black and white tigress, Kiara, sail over him with a gulp but also without breaking off into a sprint. At the moment, that was a small victory. The fear was rather exhausting, after all, and he’d seen so much that at this point, he could feel the desire to rest taking the better of him. In fact, he was probably dreaming anyway, and as long as he kept his eyes peeled, he’d probably be fine… He had fought off pumas before while protecting his herd, after all. Granted, tigers are a bit bigger and don’t breathe fire like some things

“I-I’m…” He broke off, trying to find the words. He took a deep breath and closed his wild eyes, bowing his head to those present by way of greeting. “I’m… pleased to meet you all.”

Then, he considered.

The most recent lady—Rei, the spotted, winged one--seemed pleasant. Her joke about his name was, well, certainly worth a smile, though Far felt too nervous to give her more than a half-hearted try. He appreciated her effort to make him feel welcome, and though he was rather perturbed by the largeness of her wingspan, he allowed himself to tolerate what he did not quite understand. She was certainly aware of the other two before him, though. Knew all about them. Just how long had she been sneaking about, anyway? Far looked sideways at the winged mare, a tad uncertain.

Next, his eyes fell to Ciceron, the grey horned stallion, and his “companion” as he’d called her, Kiara. The kindness of the grey’s eyes made the chestnut brute feel slightly more comfortable, though his awareness of so much also made Far feel a bit stupid and silly (not that it wasn’t a common feeling). Far was certain the stallion had much to teach him, and while he was very anxious to learn something, he also wasn’t quite sure if he was capable of learning it... The cat also freaked him out a bit, though certainly that wasn’t through any fault of her own… Except maybe because of the growling. Other than that, though--Oh, and the jumping over his head. But that was it… Wait, and the way she looked at him. And maybe—

Far looked at the first lady who had appeared before him, the equine emissary, Evangeline. Dragon girl. He eyed Tallis with uneasiness, gulping down his fear and considering further. Their meeting was not quite pleasant, though the lady was only being protective of her friend, which, in other circumstances, Far might have admired. And, perhaps in some ways, and even in this situation, Far did admire it. A little. But the dragon was terrifying. But small. But still terrifying. He should probably have given the lady a wide berth from then on, but her offer made him pause in a way that the other two had not. Maybe it was merely because she was a lot like him—even the same color, for goodness sake! She also lacked the bells and whistles that the other two had, save for Tallis the mighty over here. She was likely going to be difficult to win over, as he’d already offended her best friend, but then, Far was going to have a heck of a time getting along with anything that was covered in scales and apt to burp fire after mealtimes.

Carefully, he spoke, trying not to let his fear get the better of him again. His fatigue was helping him care less about the immediate danger he could potentially be in, but then, being tired enough to fall over after walking so long and meeting so many very unusual beings often had that impression on one…

“I-I’ve learned much about this land already, and I… thank you for that. It is all very--”He paused to stare at Tallis’ eyes and quickly blinked away in another direction, “--rather overwhelming.” His eyes fell on Ciceron and then on Rei and his tail gave a flick that caused his tresses to snap against his bruised buttocks. Far winced. “I’d like very much to learn what you each have to teach me, though I believe this lady—“ he nodded at Evangeline, ”—might have desired to show me around her home.” He gave a sheepish glance to Eva, his head bowing to her respectfully. He hoped that his following had been her intention, in any case. It was strange, but he found himself rather drawn to her, perhaps out of selfishness. They were almost twins, after all… The dragon still made him uncomfortable though. He was certain that fact wouldn’t bother the dragon at all.

Evangeline Ciceron Rei

[OOC: Ahhhh you guys are all so much fun and I love this site already and you guys are great writers and ahhhh just so much excitement (!!!!!). It was so hard to choose! I hope I get to play with all of yous guys again! <333 Also, I'm sorry Far's being a giant judgmental poop right now. I swear he'll mellow out later...]

Messages In This Thread
Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Far - 08-15-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Far - 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Ciceron - 08-19-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Far - 08-19-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Ciceron - 08-19-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Rei - 08-20-2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Far - 08-20-2014, 10:50 PM