the Rift

Emissary Encounters
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
It wasn't surprising in the least that Ricciardo and Lena had desired Emissary rank. Ricciardo had had a rough start in the herd, something Mauja was partially responsible for, but he had something eager and ambitious in his sandy soul. He and Ulrik had prodded it into life and found its a viper's nest, and now he was here, rising up. The King approved, though. And Lena - she was sweet, gentle, and if she could save the entire world he assumed she would. Since she was not of warrior blood, at least not actively, this was a fine way for her to serve the herd.

That Aurelius had toddled off to join the pair hadn't been a surprise either. The short stallion had always had a sharp tongue and quick wit, and a good grasp of politics. That he should want to scheme and forge bonds and plans with others was nothing new, and Mauja was pleased that he'd gone over here as well. But the last... Cineviam wasn't the type you brought for a friendly chat. He was the kind of stallion that looked like someone's mean, protective older brother, dark and brooding, always watching with those unnerving crimson eyes. Frankly, his appearance was downright suspicious, and the fact that he'd chosen such a peaceful path was somewhat of a surprise. Not that the King minded, not really - it might play out his in favor... Send amiable Lena with scary Cineviam, and the contrast might make Lena seem trustworthy. He graced them all with his small smile, resting his gaze upon one before moving on to the next.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to any of them that they were distrusted. Ricciardo swore to serve, Lena asked what to do, and the other two stallions remained silent. Mauja sighed softly, torn. "I honestly don't know. How does one earn trust, when others have chosen to distrust?" He gave a shrug, head tilting. "Should I send you alone as envoys to the other herds, it could be seen as me hiding my 'real' face, and should I come with you, it might provoke the same sort of reception I tend to get everywhere." Bitter, bitter voice, bitter, bitter feelings. How their wariness complicated his life in ways he would be so better off without. "So your first task is this - come up with a long-term plan of action to make Helovia at ease again, to keep us from having to look over our shoulders to see if someone will throw rocks at us, and to keep them safe and asleep at night. And once you have come up with something useful that might work... well, only one way to test if it works out as it should." He gave them a grin, but it was tired. "Because honestly, I am only one mind. Your job is henceforth to advise me in these matters, with the herd's best interest at heart, though I'd prefer if your plans didn't involve sacrificing my life. Does this sound fair to you?"
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Emissary Encounters - by Mauja - 08-29-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Emissary Encounters - by Aurelius - 08-29-2012, 10:47 AM
RE: Emissary Encounters - by Ricciardo - 08-29-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Emissary Encounters - by Lena - 08-29-2012, 06:53 PM
RE: Emissary Encounters - by Cineviam - 08-30-2012, 02:40 AM
RE: Emissary Encounters - by Mauja - 09-07-2012, 03:03 PM