the Rift

[OPEN] Here Comes A Legend [Birthing]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
The child is still mostly hidden behind the dark figure of the soldier, the two mares meeting eyes for a while as Sialia seems to come to life from the weariness that Illynx knew well from her own birthing in the height of spring. She declines a mender, for which the Lady is thankful for the mare’s sake – she knows also that birth can go quite sour, and it would be a sorrowful day to bury a mother and leave her child motherless. But it does not answer her true wonder, either, though she is soon invited closer.

She obliges, her steps slow and methodical, near enough at last to see the small white beginnings of a horn and smooth, unmarked shoulders. Her worries are released only to be replaced with more, as she takes in the figure of the newborn, the white flecking that marks her otherwise black body.

Her nostrils tighten, her eyes widen ever so slightly. Surely, this is not another one of that man’s misplaced and myriad children?

Even as the thought crosses her mind the soldier offers her the answer she is afraid she already knows, seeing already the life without a father that this child would lead. Mauja would never return to the mountain, ironic in and of itself because it had seemed to happen around the same time the Dark Empress had fled the snows. He was a wanderer, perhaps had always meant to be, and Illynx cannot help but wonder how the filly will fare to know that her father was a drifter wanted dead by more people than who loved him. Perhaps it was what Sialia wanted, to raise a hard hearted daughter, a cold creature with a gaping hole in her soul.

It was what Illynx was. Why should it pain her so much to think that this is the truth?

Maybe it was that, yet again, the Frostheart had taken a woman that was not her darling sister, that he had fucked up so soon after she had warned him to not do such things.

She should never have left Sielu with him. The man was a bastard.

"She is lovely," she says, her smile warm and her eyes bright though her thoughts are dark and heavy upon her mind, "forgive me for jesting on Thranduil at your sake. I cannot help but torment the arrogant man." She shoots Sialia a smirk, golden eyes flooded with a hot humor for a brief second before dimming into her usual mask of congeniality. "I would be glad to hear of her true sire."

if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
Here Comes A Legend [Birthing] - by Sialia - 08-17-2014, 11:19 PM
RE: Here Comes A Legend [Birthing] - by Illynx - 08-20-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Here Comes A Legend [Birthing] - by Sialia - 08-30-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Here Comes A Legend [Birthing] - by Illynx - 09-01-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: Here Comes A Legend [Birthing] - by Sialia - 09-05-2014, 01:03 PM
RE: Here Comes A Legend [Birthing] - by Aviya - 09-05-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: Here Comes A Legend [Birthing] - by Illynx - 09-11-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: Here Comes A Legend [Birthing] - by Sialia - 09-16-2014, 01:13 PM