the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fly in a Jar (welcoming)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
The Legatus introduces his company as Wryn, I maintain a friendly composure, turning to better gauge the woman who would enter our ranks. He mentions that she has a hunger for crafting, or at least some interest in the finer details. When focused upon said girl, I note that she appeared set on edge, the points of her gaze is ravaging my flesh like I’d suddenly sprouted another skull. Both ears twitch and one fall’s back with obvious unease, though my approving grin remains neatly intact and outwardly I appeared unchanged. Gaze did however faintly narrow and one brow flicks up when Wryn shifted closer to Rostislav; said woman either sought assurance or comfort. Fina clicked her beak together, tasting the air.

There was little to rehash on the matter of craft work, one either had the skill for envisioning this art, or they didn’t. We could teach the logistics, but an inborn talent or desire to create was important. “Crafters are taught the art of creation by using the landscape and its resources to settle the needs of their herd – we have many apprentice crafters and two skilled Masons. With patience and practice many learn to harness powerful magic, they use different elements toward their bidding,” sand trailed from the ground, rising to glide in a ropelike formation between my forefeet and below neck. I carried the shape forward, higher so she might better observe, “and create something of meaningful worth, often from nothing.”

The sand spun round, growing more golden by the moment. It shifted, seemingly lifelike in the changing as its shape formed various complex spheres, cones, and other simple block like creations had been produced. After the small show the golden granules slithered back to the earth from whence it came, “Ye asks about other positions? Does ye have a different task in mind that would suit skillset?”
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Rostislav - 08-18-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Branwyn - 08-19-2014, 03:27 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Midas - 08-21-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Branwyn - 08-28-2014, 04:54 AM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Midas - 08-28-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Rostislav - 08-30-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Branwyn - 09-15-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Midas - 09-30-2014, 02:54 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Rostislav - 10-03-2014, 01:33 AM