the Rift

[OPEN] woke up with the sun [basin celebration invitations]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

see the lightening in his eyes
see them running for their lives

Fools bred fools and hate only more hate. I saw them come to the very edge of our border; yet I remained impassive, silent and aloft in the shadows of an awning. Fina was perched silently, her talons digging into the cliff face and gaze nearly as narrowed and hard as my own. Protectively we watched, as a new mother did when she watched over her newborn suckling as it took a first breath. They could come, shinning fangs glistening at our doorway, bared out of spite or joy. It meant little either way. I’d not be played the fool or be lured in by hate --- nay, these creatures could play whatever games they deemed necessary. My only focus was to protect a herd. A family that had been trusted to this soul, to give it a voice, a strong one.

They slipped back into the woods, having dropped off a sheen of green across the dirt. I waited until their bodies were out of sight – and the stench of them lingered on the air as the only reminder. Wings extended, flaming wings. Fina dipped to the ground, catching one such fluttering thing between her talons. Gently, and carefully she carried said package back up. Dropping it without ceremony at my feet.
I glanced down, noting the crude marks and scuffles.

Unicorns; their image was clear, and what appeared to be a rough depiction of some landscape. Mountains, the peaks high and towering. The Basin? A few moments of pondering and I realized what this little...leaf drawing meant. It was an invitation of sort, into the Basin. For Hidden Falls unicorns…

Fina screeched, soaring back toward earth; coupled as my own powers emerged. Fire and Earth scorched their work, their attempts to cut our family in half – lure out whom they chose, but my family would not be among them. We wouldn’t trust a serpent just because his head was down.

Anger flared and the leaves were shredded or burnt to ash. Only one remained, and that one would be delivered to Seele – and the herd as a whole.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: woke up with the sun [basin celebration invitations] - by Midas - 08-19-2014, 01:02 PM