the Rift

[OPEN] In The Eyes Of The Beholder

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
The stench of feathers draws her to the border, her armored body framed in the shadow beneath the Sentinel and golden eyes searching the path for the stranger when she’d come. When she sees her, the Lady’s gaze narrows for focus and finds it is not only a flying thing but one who wears a horn, much like her Aithniel; disgust binds itself to the mask she wears, and with a glance over her shoulder to assure that Deimos or another of the more tenacious and likely to kill the poor girl is not barreling out of the land behind her, she sprints out of the herd and down the path where she had seen the silhouette of the woman but the woman had not seen her (slopes were ever so wonderful, weren’t they?).

Between the mare walking steadily forward and the Lady’s graceful gallop down to her, it didn’t take very long before Illynx arrives in the midst of the path that winds up to the hidden valley above, her golden body sliding to a stop, well used to the slippery and treacherous nature of the path. Drawing her sculpted features up to their full height of pride and dominance, she looks over the stranger with dark nostrils working to find the smell of the Edge; it is absent.

Her smile grows sharp, suddenly, where it had been wondering and tentative.

The soft, subtle sound of wind being broken overhead reveals Kyst, having been left behind at the border with the small rodent she had been playing with and now catching up. Landing with a thump on her bonded’s back, the griffon turns her icy eyes to the stranger and watches with an unblinking stillness.

"I cannot say welcome, for you are very near trespassing by being on this path -" her voice is sweet and without a threat aside from the words that it floats over, and she inclines her head in a traditional way of hello, "but salutations, stranger. I am the Lady Illynx, one of the rulers of the Aurora Basin." Her first motion of business is to chase the poor dear away if she has no reason to be here other than curiosity – while it has been a long while since Illynx has seen the bright color of blood against the white of snow, they are in the middle of the path to and from their doorway. What would Kahlua say if she were to come up next week and find obvious evidence of a mauling?

I could lure her up, she thinks behind smiling eyes and her manipulative and skilled mask of friendliness and a gentle nature, but then Aithniel would see her. And would that be so bad? The girl was going to have to learn to fly from somewhere, even Illynx knows this – but she had always figured Kyst would do. A stabbing sensation at her lower neck lets her know that Kyst will have none of this, perceiving through the flashes of emotion enough to know that she had been involved with the hybrid child; while she was a griffon, she wasn’t stupid.

She saw how the others looked at that little one.

The tiny pain is ignored, instead deflected to look as if she’d rolled her shoulder and tilted her eyes to introduce the haughty griffon. "And this is Kyst. You are not of the Edge. What business have you here, my dear?"

[ OOC: I saw no mention of Sentinels so I assumed she was on the path still. :P Kick me if I'm wrong! xD ]
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-19-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-20-2014, 11:09 AM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-20-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-21-2014, 09:04 AM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-22-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-25-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-25-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-31-2014, 01:33 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 09-03-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 09-09-2014, 09:31 AM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Zikar-Sin - 09-21-2014, 08:51 PM