the Rift

[OPEN] In The Eyes Of The Beholder

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

Large, luminous eyes looked up from the pebble-strewn floor of the cavern, away from the perfect, half-decayed specimen of an equine wretch that lay so docile at the feet of its captor. A flutter of activity had caught the Haruspex’s eye; he watched as something fluttered against the bright light of the cave-mouth, watching as a tiny dark spec of a creature approached on flapping wings; it soon resolved into a tiny thing of a beast cloaked in a shining, well-groomed pelt and golden feathers—and, very suddenly, Sin made sense of what he was looking at. Oh! he thought graciously, stepping away from his dear corpse and emerging from the mouth of his cave—for indeed, here to meet him was none other than the Lady Illynx’s familiar, the griffon creature whose name he sadly could not place.

“Oh, hello, little darling!” The Haruspex called out delicately, as the petite little thing landed in front of him, at his hooves. It flapped its wings with urgency, kneading the hoarfrost with eager talons; Sin stared down at his mistress’s companion, a dull ache forming behind his eyes as the longing to investigate this strange, beautiful animal suffused his mind. Though, of course, he didn’t believe his lady would be very amendable to the idea; his brand of “investigation” usually included all sorts of incisions and experiments—not to mention a full dissection, to be most thorough in his researches—and of course, his dear Lady would most probably prefer her cherished companion to remain alive for quite some time. So, instead, he sighed wistfully and continued to stare down at the griffon—interpreting its agitated behavior, quite sure of what it was trying to communicate. “Does my Lady request my presence?” He asked genially, and when the golden creature gave a mighty flap and launched itself into the sky once more, Sin followed the winding griffon’s trail towards the front entrance of their Basin home.

It wasn’t long before Sin came upon a most curious scene indeed; there was his Lady, just as he expected, resplendent (as usual) in all her finery and poise; and there also was a most curious stranger, most curious indeed, sporting a most interesting hide and a pair of the sleekest, largest, most beautiful wings he had ever had the pleasure to gaze upon this far north. His wide, unblinking eyes settled upon them for what seemed to be a most inappropriate amount of time—but, ah, how could he help it? Such a joy they would be to have, with their glossy feathers and their perfect shape!

“Oh, good-day my Lady!” he called to Illynx as he approached, “I do believe you summoned me here for some business…?” His gaze traveled delicately toward the stranger cloaked in her audacious feathers; it was very obvious that this was an intruder of some kind, yet his Lady knew that the Haruspex was no fighter in any sense of the word. Therefore, this seemed to be a meeting of civil or diplomatic import, perhaps. As such, Sin inclined his head graciously towards their—guest?-- and trained his manic, gracious gaze upon her face instead, giving the strange, unfortunate hybrid a cordial smile. ”My name is Zikar-Sin, m’lady, Haruspex of the Aurora Basin!”

[ Sorry for the delay! @[Illynx] @[Rhea] ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-19-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-20-2014, 11:09 AM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-20-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-21-2014, 09:04 AM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-22-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-25-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-25-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-31-2014, 01:33 PM