the Rift

[OPEN] I like the smell of rain

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
“Home at last...” Africa yawned aloud, exhausted, completely overwhelmed by the intensity of the week just passed. Weariness furrowed her brow as it lifted to find the glittering form of her companion as he sailed across the thick blanket of storm clouds overhead, but the one-winged Sultana was smiling and generally, her spirits were high. The zephyr’s piercing cry fell from the vast late afternoon sky, but it was soon lost beneath the thunder’s hearty rumble. As pale eyes fell to trace the dusty trail guiding her into the oasis, the first rain of the season began to fall, cool liquid plunging, scattering across a barren landscape that realised not how thirsty it was.

The drum of liquid across her back was welcome after such a long, hot season, and the flames danced as a wild wind swept off the lashing ocean. Sheet lightning clawed with fluorescent yellow fingers though the ominous dark above and when finally a fork broke free, the whole desert surrounding seemed to blaze fiercely. The one-winged mare hastened her stride, adopting in place of her leisurely amble, a brisk, bouncing trot. The need for shelter was imminent, vital, and while she would have loved to dance and play with reckless abandon like she might have as a child, a stern voice pulled her away.

And if ice-rocks begin to fall? he posed matter-of-factly, swooping by to urge her along. Africa snorted, a plume of icy rain spraying with the breath, and she cantered obligingly for the remained of their journey.

At last she fell beneath writing limbs, flickering leaves and snapping ribbon-like palm leaves. Silas found to perch in, a dense, old mimosa whose roots fed directly from the deep spring feeding the Throat’s lake. The tree offered considerable shelter, and the Starry-Eyed slipped quickly beneath it, shaking out her heavy, water-logged mane. WHY! The zephyr shrieked, Could you not have done that outside? The mare giggled softly as the weather raged beyond, Silas, would you mind helping me take this off? It’s drenched...She was referring to the sagging, dripping robe that had glued against her skin, and brushing aside his frustration, the bird fluttered down to aid the mare.
salsolastock | uplifting-stock | two-ladies-stocks
foxyfirewings & larfsalot @deviantart
subtlepatterns.com

@[Sikeax] & any ^_^

Messages In This Thread
I like the smell of rain - by Africa - 08-19-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: I like the smell of rain - by Sikeax - 08-19-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: I like the smell of rain - by Africa - 08-20-2014, 08:31 PM
RE: I like the smell of rain - by Sikeax - 08-27-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: I like the smell of rain - by Africa - 08-28-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: I like the smell of rain - by Sikeax - 09-03-2014, 02:22 PM