the Rift

A world full of little things
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Shortly following the rather alarming appearance of Basin’s patron god, and being schooled upon matters which had been shadowed beforehand. I didn’t bother to linger, gaze in astonishment at the rainbow spy and further analyze the meaning of all this.

Instead, the moment I felt able, (which was a good few moments after said time lord had vanished from sight) opened aching and tight limbs with slower than usual grace, feathers spread to catch a favorable wind. It soothed the painful licks. Carrying this body toward the pool of my father, to seek his guidance and his will. If a god was the one who gave blessing for those of this family to leave…leaving his home less able bodied when it came to defense, their own bodies, less protected.

I surely wouldn’t stand in the way of astral will; in fact, I’d give whole blessing for it.

For it was they who knew more than I. But why just unicorns…if it was truly a party to honor the gods (or a god)…why call for only those who bore one specific feature from birth?

How was this mortal mind supposed to see into past and future events? Know that it was the marks of children which had crafted those strange little leaves, even as their brethren overseers quietly and randomly dropped them off at our doorstep with scarce a word of explanation. Nay, it was impossible to realize such things until after the fact.

It was no longer my choice anyway. His decision which would either seal something harmless between our clans, regardless of the wariness that lingered like a foul taste of bad water – or condemn the action just as I had. I’d be the tool to carry it out, a vessel of sort.

I stood by the pool silently, not saying anything. One of those leaf’s fluttered to the ground, the crude little marks carrying very small meaning in my mind without an explanation. I was going to defend this home, to the best of my ability… “Fina,” she had been caught in the blast of electric energy and was mending wounded pride like a dog might sooth its wounds, nudging fiery feathers aside to ensure there was no lasting damage to her image, “Cry ye pardon child.” My voice is soft for her. It was my fault she hurt, even if both physical and mental wound was slight at best.

“Enough Midas.” The firegirl hissed, anger wasn’t purposely directed at me – she was frustrated with life in general (a thing which could be mirrored.) The endless wash of responsibilities never seemed to cease; and each day, they grew stranger and harder to manage alone.

I sighed, noticeably troubled for the herd I’d been tasked to guard.

Gaze shifted to the young upstart, Drom, who stood near and whom had taken over the position of storyteller, a position that had been recently filled by a certain little man whom had been entered upon the list of vanished, “Drom, I need ye to pray with me. Call upon our father, I would break words with him.” Please. I needed to know what to do for this family, how I was supposed to protect them from… “Father,” lids sealed themselves, Fina stiffened but remained silent, “I need ye now. See into this heart. Grant me guidance…and forgiveness for being shortsighted…”

“I beg ye, show me thy will on this matter. Show me thy path.”

OOC: Drom is posting next, (since she is our storyteller), let me know if anything needs to be changed (if she needs to post first.)

Cover me with a sheet
I know I'm not forgiven, but at least I may find peace
Image Credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
A world full of little things - by Midas - 08-20-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: A world full of little things - by Midas - 08-23-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: A world full of little things - by Midas - 09-29-2014, 05:09 PM