the Rift

A world full of little things
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Drom was quiet and I was thankful for her silence. A witness to this embarrassment, to my own folly. Evidence that I wasn’t an immortal soul with all the wisdom of this world – nay, but mortal. A creature who made mistakes. There were those in the past who held me in such high regard, I feared their wraith and disappointment should such expectations fall short.

Earth granted me permission to right some of the wrong that occurred this day and even gave name to the filly I’d requested. “Merciful one.” I whispered, crown still low. He was a father above all else and knew that I wouldn’t soon forget this meeting – nor its teaching. I’d never given thought to approach the Basin before now. Honestly the mere idea of stepping into their land made my gut feel sick inside.

How many of my kinfolk had met their end in the valley of permafrost? “Forgiveness.” That word was a whisper in my heart; I shut eyes, trying vainly to grasp at the invisible tethers he so naturally seemed capable of holding. Yar, I was like a small child in this. Staring with shinning eyes into a puzzle work of impossible. Unable to see clearly what the adults already knew.

I had promised to try and I’d make good on that commitment. Lena. I’d start by tracking her, the name was familiar to me. Hopefully by the time I’d found Mirabella…forgiveness would bloom for us both and healing words would come more easily.

Cover me with a sheet
I know I'm not forgiven, but at least I may find peace
Image Credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
A world full of little things - by Midas - 08-20-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: A world full of little things - by Midas - 08-23-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: A world full of little things - by Midas - 09-29-2014, 05:09 PM