the Rift

Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law..

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Giselle tried to think back to a time where bitterness and anger weren’t her go to emotions when she awoke in the morning. Shamefully, she couldn’t remember that time. She wondered if Illynx thought the same, or if she was alone, yet again. Not that it mattered, for as soon as she was done with this place she would be at peace. She couldn’t let herself forget what she was here for, revenge and essentially redemption from all that happened during her short life. She was after those whom she thought were responsible. Her mask could not finally crack now, there would be no time to reconstruct it, and everything would come crashing down upon her and ultimately take her out.

As the pair made their way forward through the threshold, to the basin Giselle assumed, she longed to take herself back into the shadows. Back to the darkness that made her feel safe and in control. Back to the cocoon of solitary living, where she was the one in charge, and nobody could deter her from her darkest fantasies. She squinted a little as the light shone in her eyes, daylight had become something of anomaly recently. She needed to stay on her current path to hell, bringing all others along with her, otherwise she would loose all purpose. She would drag them kicking and screaming, bleeding if she had to. They deserved to feel how she felt, it wasn’t fair that she was alone in this.

She dragged herself from her navel gazing, her self confessed pity party back into the present. Ambling companionably with someone so familiar, yet so unfamiliar felt oddly right, like a piece fitting firmly into place. Perhaps this really was fate, perhaps they were meant to join up together again and wreak havoc like the old days. Maybe she wasn’t meant to be alone after all. The shimmering one did used to hold the same principles as her once, maybe she still did. Excitement rose in her veins as she allowed herself to get carried away, thinking about how much easier it would be with the two of them, a family of sorts.

As the golden one piped up, she pricked her ears, eager to hear what she had to say. When she stumbled over her words, Giselle realised that she wanted to say more about the battle that caused the dethroning of her sister, in more ways than one. Did she really want to her more about it? She had already made up her mind that her sister was dead to her, did she really want to risk hearing something that might change that? It would divert her course, it would endear her to one who was nothing better than half breed with no horn. Giselle had decided that the Empress had died the minute she allowed her crowning glory to fall to floor. It was what daddy would have done, and she had to uphold that. “Another time Illynx, I don't think either of us are ready for it.” She spoke lightly but firmly, hoping the subject would be dropped and the other wouldn’t pick it up again.

Any hopes of a manic witch hunt for those that didn’t carry the purest of blood were dashed as soon Illynx spoke up again. Giselle listened in dismay as she spoke of keeping the peace between the herdlands, including those that housed skyrats and half bloods. What had happened to her? And who in the basin had agreed that this was the way forward? Her lips curled a little in dismay before she could even stop them. Not that really cared. Surely Illynx knew that this was wrong? This was not the way Giselle had imagined it would be, harmony between the lands?! It was insane, and simply could not go on.

“I see, and why must harmony prevail? I don’t mean to question your motive, but I must be honest, I don't quite understand?” She tried to tread carefully with her old friend, but she wanted answers. “Im afraid I cant see the point of fat sheep and restless wolves, let the wolves run free I say!” She chuckled slightly, blood lust pulsing again at the thought of all those timid little sheep roaming around this place. She needed to hunt one soon, sate her hunger and keep her seeming compliant with this plan of her friend, for now at least. “I am sorry for the pain caused to your own. It is never easy when it is our innocents are the ones who pay. But surely revenge and retaliation is what is needed here?” She knew she was pushing her luck, but right now she didn’t care.

The only acceptable answer to her right now, is that Illynx was playing the long game, and she had a plan in place, one that didn’t include at that peace amongst everyone bollocks. It was pathetic and quite frankly wasn’t befitting to the Illynx she used to know. That had to be it, there was something else at play here, something longer and far more worthy. Otherwise, she needed to take her old friend from power and put this messed up place to rights.. Even if she needed to hurt her in order to it, for restoration of the order of things was far more important..

Image by Dark

Messages In This Thread
Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-21-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-21-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-22-2014, 12:17 PM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-24-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-27-2014, 02:49 PM