the Rift

Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law..

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face

“Another time, I don’t think either of us are ready for it,” she says, and the Lady agrees, not having found the words to explain it away immediately or even these to describe how she felt about it; her heart and passions ran deep when it came to the Dark Empress, and she does not wish to chase Giselle away with her savage loyalty to their friendship at this time. Either way, it has been a long while since Psyche has crossed the golden mare’s path, and the newness of her magically marked sibling in her memory allows the woman to push aside the lost companionship that had once fueled her daily life.

She had found others who had fallen into the hole that her friend had left with a graceless ease that had astounded her once they had started clicking in; Ulrik, for one, who was a man she was unsure how she felt of him, other than she was willing to defend his honor in so much as she was Psyche’s. That the man had been one of the most major reasons the Empress had left was something she had long ago forgiven him for – the man was logical, and his mind of numbers and truths had seen what she had been blinded to due to her love for the woman who led them. She had even started to have more faith in her fellow ruler as the time passed – though sociopathic and unfit for the more socially strenuous tasks of a leader, he was strong and loyal to their people. He had even birthed two beautiful and whole children into the world.

One of those children kept her son company, and she did love Rikyn fiercely and without remorse for the weak emotion that filtered through her when she thought of his perfection; praise had to be given to the man who’d sired her son’s playmate, if nothing else, because Erebos gave the boy more chances at the life Illynx had never had.

The third piece that had fallen into her heart fluttered in on soft wings, landing with grace along the spine of her bonded; Kyst was a blessing she had never expected, a gift brought to her almost simultaneously with the joys of motherhood, and the light weight along her back brings a soft smile to her lips as she thinks of those she has cared for and those she fears to lose.

The silence is filled with her words of her tactics, covert and hidden from most but her most prized toys. Giselle is not a toy – she is an equal. That the woman shares her plans with the woman in any means is a great sign of how she feels about the sister of Psyche, that she trusts her to listen and try to understand the path that the Plague had been directed onto. It had taken Illynx a long time to hear what Psyche had been saying when she told of not having enough to topple the forces that opposed them; it had not been for a lack of passion, or skill. It had been a lack of bodies.

Illynx finds herself laughing lightly at the similarities between the hot headed Giselle and herself when she had first returned to Helovia, high on the wilderness that extended past her borders.

"The hunt for the Regime is in progress, but they number few and are thus hard to track. Both ourselves and the World’s Edge watch for their faces now, it’s only a matter of time," she addresses the second matter first, and after letting a slight pause take the lilt of her voice away as they walk along.

"How many can you fight at once and rise victorious?" she asks, her brow quirking on her pretty face, "Does it number ten to one? Even the Reaper with his aura of decay would be hard pressed in such circumstances. And how eager would you be to follow a thing that snaps and snarls when there are roses ringed around the smiles of the others?" She looks away from Giselle, the heavy things she has learned to be true slipping from her – it leaves her looking at the long shadow of their young dreams of war and glory, blood and mayhem.

"We are strong and fierce, to be sure. But we require an army to take all things by force as we once dreamed, and an army we do not have," her voice is low and quiet, words meant for Giselle only; Kyst takes in her hushed tone and takes flight from her bonded to circle the nearby regions, looking for those who might be eavesdropping on what Illynx wishes to be a secret shared between two old friends, "so I have put on my roses, I have draped them all across the truth we exposed too soon. I want them to come to us, not just those who wish to see our kind on our rightful thrones, but those who do not yet see that dream. I want them to see the beauty of the future we envision, not through fear, but through their own free will, as we have." She increases her pace slightly, not liking being so near to Midas’ coven – not too stupid to forget he distrusted her and would probably like to overhear a little of what she discussed.

"It’s working, I assure you," she says, "our herd grows in number and thrives in the security of assumed peace. Others who once hated and feared us have come to find happiness in the snow, harsh words that chased potential friends away in that same forest behind us slowly silenced beneath memories of less hostile unicorns, who seek only to glorify their ancient and proud line." She smiles, a sly smile, her golden eyes peering over at Giselle with a promise gleaming behind them. "We are many, my friend, but the smut is vast and outnumbers us still. I will not burn as Icarus, reaching for things I cannot touch and burning as I fall back down to my doom. You would be wise to learn from what has already come to pass, as I have, no matter how restless your desires for blood or deep your pride to our cause, lest you lose your crown and all hope for ever attaining that which we've worked our lives towards."

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-21-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-21-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-22-2014, 12:17 PM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-24-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Illynx - 08-24-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-27-2014, 02:49 PM