the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Precious Ball of Earth [God of the Earth, Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
On the way to the veins our path ran into the floating island; its daunting shadow covered a good portion of yon land beneath. Waterfalls coursed down randomly on various sides, gaze instinctively shifted high. One never seemed to get used to the visual appearance and mythical lure of this place. Fina called out, her pitched vocals stretching past the sky.

Apollo hadn’t ever seen the island before. His wide childlike gaze brought a smile to my lips when I glanced over; as we drew near sun tipped wings spread apart, gliding with silky smoothness from the barrel which kept them – shifting to catch the wind. A sturdy cloud of moisture formed beneath the flints of my friend. Said lad didn’t shout or twist (as some often did,) instead he seemed glazed by all this. Obviously there was confusion and bewilderment. Though there was also an unyielding sense of trust.

Thumping sunlit appendages beat a steady path, I rose with him, following, gliding on thermals that seemed to never cease their flow. “Ye still lives,” I said, chuckling richly as his befuddled words spilled forth.

The landscape opened and said cloud disappeared the moment Apollo had solid earth beneath feet. Skillfully I pulled up beside him, falling forward and shutting feathers from the unyielding breeze. For a moment neither of us said anything. The beauty of this place was indeed heavenly and there was a sense of almost pure peace. I glanced over at him, ears swiveling – watching with great amusement as his bemused features turned to one of enjoyment. Finally, he spoke up with a question directed at me, “Aye,” a boyish and playful grin lightened the corners of my face, “I’ve been here; the clans have gathered in yon tents further across the valley.” Fina glided overhead.
Hey brother, there’s an endless road to re-discover.

CREDIT GOES HERE
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Precious Ball of Earth [God of the Earth, Midas] - by Midas - 08-22-2014, 04:36 PM