the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Precious Ball of Earth [God of the Earth, Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Apollo was pleased with my idea. It would be tragic indeed for something to befall the egg before its birth. I smiled wistfully, happy to be of service to him. While my brother set off to find lining and various other building materials. I fixed mind to the task of pulling out flecks of pure iron; which would be molded to form a handle on the basket I’d already begun to envision. He returned with sticks of various length, I took each in turn and with the help of sand started to weave them together carefully, slowly.

A bowl formed soon after, around the corners I melted warm iron to make the structure stronger and water tight. He brought other things and asked if it was enough, crown nodded but eyes remained fixed upon the task, “Aye.” Gently I placed a few layers of soft grasses and moss at the bottom. At the top I formed a handle, also made of iron and curved low so Apollo would be able to grasp it in his jaws easily. The basket was crude, not the most attractive work I’ve ever created. But this would serve its purpose all the same.
Carefully I picked up the egg and set it gently in the basket. My golden granules fell away and what iron couldn’t be used shifted back into earth and down to the core I’d summoned it from. “Finished,” I breathed, viewing the egg and my work with a smile, “Will this suit ye?”

Hey brother, there’s an endless road to re-discover.

CREDIT GOES HERE
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Precious Ball of Earth [God of the Earth, Midas] - by Midas - 10-13-2014, 04:48 PM