the Rift

[OPEN] Age Old Questions

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Listen to this while reading

A wind laced with a chilling touch ran through the field. It was eager to drape itself around all that it came across. Leaves edged in orange from nearby trees still followed in its wake. The grass had began to yellow at the brush of Orangemoon. Crickets sang their laments and the bats danced in an intricate ballet overhead. Placing each hoof in front of her delicately Rei was careful not to disturb the symphony of the night that surrounded her.

The leopard pegasus came to the center of the Heavenly Fields. How well the name suited the land. Above her a full moon rested in the sky dimly reflecting the light of his sister sun. It had to be wonderful to always have your family, or your partner just over the horizon. Each one always having the other. The moon would always have the sun, and the sun would always have the moon. One would be incomplete without the other.

So why mortals forced to deal with loss? If fate had deemed that the sun and moon would always have each other then why had it sentenced her family to such woes? Why did she have to be left to be incomplete?

"Why? Why!?" The first time it was only an implication of a question, simply a breath of a word passing from her lips. The second was a bold accusation. Guiltily she watched two startled quail flee from where they had planned to rest for the night. Once again the pegasus fell quiet.

Was there even a reason? Or was it all just a sadistic form of entertainment for the always watching Gods. If they were always watching why didn't they interfere? It wasn't that the world lacked compassion. It was the Gods that did.

No. That is wrong. The Gods have given the lands life. There is no greater show of compassion. Fate even reigns over the Gods themselves. A sigh passed her lips at the same time that an owl's mournful question filled the night air. Who? Whoo? it called out and the rest of the nighttime creatures paused to listen. Maybe they paused to think about if they knew the answer to its age old question.

Rei thought about it. She answered it. Rei, she thought, I am Rei and I am a bit lost. Maybe really lost. But there is more to life than this. And I am going to find it.

With the light of the hopeful stars alight on her back and a shadow across her face Rei turned to resume her patrol. It was her duty to carry on.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
Age Old Questions - by Rei - 08-22-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Age Old Questions - by Roskuld - 08-25-2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Age Old Questions - by Sikeax - 08-26-2014, 05:49 PM