the Rift

[OPEN] Age Old Questions

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I…liked this northern wind. It rolled across my back and my quarters like some paradox of a blanket, soothing something raging inside of me, bringing smells that were wet and familiar; that reminded me of home. Of course, my home was destroyed and it was shitty and I hated….I hated someone for it. I dunno man. It was easier to be angry than it was to be sad, so I was angry.

I walked my ass up to this summit because it was familiar to me. It was the closest thing to a home that I had now; it was here that I reunited with Mesec that one awkward time, and also with Ma that other awkward time, when I almost literally drowned in tears and whatnot. It was even colder up here, too, even though it still managed to drop dew in the mornings and evenings; it was clinging to my hooves now, chilly and bright, sending jolts of energizing ice up my legs as I slowly browsed my way through the lessening grass. Or maybe it was just the last vestiges of mist that would probably start rolling in a whole lot more, sometime soon. Yeah, I knew this season. My birthday was somewhere during this time—and, shockingly, I really didn’t feel like yelling this time.

But I ended up yelling anyway because some yahoo decided to shriek something stupid (and familiar) across the calm of the night. I pinned my ears and I finished chewing and I scream-roared right back, without looking for them, “BECAUSE FUCK IT, THAT’S WHY!” It was the only answer I could give that made sense—and I gave an answer because—well—wasn’t it a question I had asked myself multiple times? And I had gotten an answer too; an answer that I wasn’t sure made an awful lot of sense anymore. Nothing makes sense, really. Well, okay, maybe it makes sense of some folk. I’ve tried to be sensible and I guess I ain’t really good at that.

So I continued grazing, because fuck it.

Roskuld</style>

Messages In This Thread
Age Old Questions - by Rei - 08-22-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Age Old Questions - by Roskuld - 08-25-2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Age Old Questions - by Sikeax - 08-26-2014, 05:49 PM