the Rift

[OPEN] Sugar 'n Vinegar

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

Iridescent gold coins gaze at her with subtle curiosity, and the fae allowed her eyes to roam over the unknown Czar with her own intrigued reasonings. Bulk and scars with a mantle of armor round the throat is sign of battle, a warrior with plenty of wins beneath the title he surely heralded. From the skies a flaming bird circled downwards, and Muriel stared in unabashed awe and innocent excitement at the beautiful creature. Before she could think to correct herself she blurted out her thoughts, four wings fluffing up with pleasure; "She's beautiful!" Only to feel heat on her face as she shyly dropped her gaze. "Or...he?" she amended lamely, fearing to potentially offend the majestic creature, wings slimming back down as if the make herself appear smaller in her embarrassment. But she was a naturally sunny soul, and her smile returned momentarily, delighted to have her solitude broken no matter how new and unknown Midas was to her. He was still company to her lonely mind after all.

And, it seemed, good company. His smile was handsome and winsome in both aspects, kindly enough to turn her warm smile into a blaze of sunshine, seeming to come alive at his gentle reception despite the sluggishness of her bones. Muriel was an easily pleased maiden, nearly cooing with joy to have such a nice stallion welcoming her so warmly. Leliel, even as she had attempted to teach something as instinctive as love, had always been harsh and withdrawn. With no other friends to count among her fold, the rose damsel was more than eager to befriend the patched knight with the pleased smile and relaxing posture. Were her vocals suited for the task of purring, it was likely she would be in that moment.

Maybe she wouldn't have to be alone and selfless anymore. Maybe she could afford to look out for herself just once.

Tenor voice rolled over curved listeners, and Muriel gasped and smiled brightly with a delicate curl of pale sakura blossom lips. "It would be a gift, to be called such," she breathed, lavender eyes glimmering with gratitude, a tad moist. She had been lonely for so long, and she feared her forthright outbursts would dissuade the male, make him think her capricious and superfluous in her reactions. Ducking her head shyly, wishing she wasn't so awkward and eager, she instead held tight to the distraction of his words that followed. The Hidden Falls. With it came an assurance of a place for we among their ranks, and alongside it his title.

"Thank you, Midas," her soprano voice whispered, leaning forward with bright gems to offer her muzzle without a shred of hesitation, a creature of touch that relied on the brush of skin to form kinship and reaffirm bonds. Completely blind to the fact he could easily be uncomfortable with such affection when they were still strangers to one another. "I would love to be your sister. Do you think the leaders will find me suitable?" Do you think they will like me? The childish question was left unspoken but blatantly obvious as it hung in the air, her eyes drifting over the scenery as if anticipating one of them to appear and chase her from the borders. Completely clueless to the fact that she stood before one of them already.

"Oh, I'm so sorry if I seem so strange...I have been...it's been a very long time since I've seen anyone," she confessed, suddenly self-conscious but always sincere in her wavering emotions, wings and ears wilting as her voice dropped to nary a whisper. "But I will serve the herd faithfully, I won't make you regret your offer." Even on shaking limbs, looking an overall wreck, her eyes were stony amethysts with the internal oath that she would be a model herd mate. Muriel could offer at least that, and to prove it her tiara tilted in endearing interest, questions forming on her lips. "What is the Hidden Falls like? What ranks can I aspire towards? I've not been in a herd since I arrived in Helovia seasons ago, I don't wish to make a fool of myself more than I already have with you," she laughed freely, a soft chiming sound that revealed she was more than comfortable poking fun at herself despite the sincerity hiding behind the cloak of her amusement.

---

Ugh that was bad.

Muriel
I've been waiting to smile for awhile now
Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Muriel - 08-22-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Midas - 08-24-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Muriel - 08-24-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Midas - 08-24-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Muriel - 08-24-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Midas - 08-31-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Muriel - 09-17-2014, 12:59 AM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Midas - 09-30-2014, 03:19 PM