the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gossamer Tears

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Evangeline was clever and quick-witted, showing him a hypothetical scenario that she clearly saw as counter to his own argument. He turned to look her in the eyes, face falling to seriousness. "You do not understand, Evangeline. I would forgive you for every transgression, for every wound you could give me in any mannerism. But you are beloved to me, Evangeline. Those who harmed you? They are not. Such forgiveness cannot be extended to them, not only because they have no ties to my heart, but because they laid harm to someone who does." Such blatant confessions did not bother the foreign king, to speak so plainly of love and dedication. Helovians were odd, always dancing around the subject of affection and loyalty. It hurt people, in the end, yet they did it endlessly. Concealing their true thoughts, out of embarrassment or pride. Kaj knew no such boundaries and reservations. Hopefully Evangeline would be understanding of such.

As they walk together, letting it fall to quiet their sorrows and quarrels, she forms her lips awkwardly around his language in imitation of his words. It is cute, and he smiled fondly down at her petite form. Like a child stumbling upon a new word too complicated for their tongue, its meaning foreign. "You speak my language in an endearing manner, mijn leliemeisje." It is an innocent, offhanded comment that precedes his explanation. Gesturing with soft nares towards the marking on her shoulder he smiles. "It is the mark of purity, the lily. The stones of power held it engraved in their faces, alongside a multitude of others. It granted health, peace of mind, fertility." Was she unaware of what her own symbol, engraved within her skin, meant? Then again, Kaj's upbringing was different, and the meanings could vary rather drastically. But he tried his best. The fleur-de-lis, the estoile, the fern branch and edelweiss. The four stones of peaceful power.

"Mijn leliemeisje. My little lily girl." Far more simplistic an answer than the one he'd given previously, but Evangeline was a lover of knowledge, and he did not feel as sheepish because of that. Her answer was teasing, and Kaj laughed a chest-deep chortle of appreciation for her wit. "Nothing more truthful has ever been spoken," he chuckled. "What is the expression? Old habits kill softly?" Brow pinched, words fumbling and tongue curling on the idiom with uncertainty. Looking instinctively to Evangeline like a lost child to its mother. It had become habit, by then, to look to her for wisdom and explanation.

He listens intently as she speaks, taking into memory what she says. Kaj hadn't expected her to inquire as to his own pleasures, but he hums in contemplation, shuffling his wings and seeking the patches of sky between the branches as he thought. "Your joys are born of selflessness, as I should have expected. I wish I could give to you what brings you joy, but I cannot return Gods of old, and Tallis is a loving fixture at your side." He's shameless as he reveals that he had been hoping to grant her whatever she wished, consumed by his own thoughts and not finding a need to restrain himself.

"My joys are...simplistic. I am no brilliant man, Evangeline. I am but a warrior. I am not nearly so interesting, so intricate." A degree of shame, of defeat, colors his voice. No, he is no brilliant ruler with gilded tongue and valiant armor upon breast. He is merely a man who cannot find his own nature in the hearts of his people, who struggles to do right by those who looked to him for guidance he constantly feared he would warp. "I enjoy flying. I enjoy...making others happy. That is all I can think of." His smile is saddened by his own pathetic answer, but he is honest to the end with the quiet femme beside him. Trusting she will not judge him too harshly for his inadequacies.

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 03:47 AM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 05:07 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 10:51 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-24-2014, 12:50 AM