the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gossamer Tears

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

"Yes." Evangeline murmured as the King questioned the name of her previous home. "I was born in Isilme and I grew up there as an orphan." She did not like to delve into her past, but she could feel Kaj's curiosity about her previous home. "It was divided up onto herd lands much like Helovia is. The equines made their home in the Oasis, unicorns in the Moonlit Tides. The pegasus lived in the cliffs and a mixture of the three species lived in the Mystic Woodlands." She looked to Kaj to make sure he was still following her. "When I was young Adalwulf was the equine leader. He was little more than a warlord and he drove the unicorns from their home in the Tides and made them all outcasts. The first battle I witnessed was when the unicorns regrouped and fought to take their home back. The first death I saw was in that battle." She remembered how scared she had been, how her body had quaked with fear and how desperately she had wished for a mother or a father to turn her away and hide her eyes. To tell her that she would be safe, that everything would be okay, but she'd had none of that.

"I ran away." Her eyes had lifted to gaze up at the treetops as she remembered the fighting. "And I ended up in the Mystic Woodlands. I made my home there, but I stayed hidden away from the herd for most of what was left of my childhood. I spent time trying to make friends, but I never was any good at it. When I wasn't doing that I tried searching for my parents, but I was never able to find them." Tallis cooed softly to Eva as she spoke of her trouble childhood. "I don't remember exactly what happened, but a unicorn stallion found me and took me in, but he disappeared after a short time, too. There was a blackout, or something. I remember talking to him one minute and waking up the next and him being gone. It was after that that I finally, officially, joined the herd. I met Ruske and became friends with him. The phoenix god chose him to be the Woodland's healer and told me that if I had the potential for it. After Ruske left I did become healer before I was nominated to be leader along with Roanne." Even that had been bitter sweet for her, but that seemed to be the theme of her life.

There was so much more that she could tell him of her life in Isilme. She could tell him of the Crusaders and their foolish desire to bring peace through war. Or how the Woodland herd was thought to be monstrous cannibals, not worthy of continuing to live. The times she'd been stolen away from home because the same ones that believed everyone in the woodlands were cannibals believed she was in danger. Instead she decided on the shades. "I would not be here if I was not forced to leave Isilme." She admitted. "I would probably still be living in my tree in the Woodlands." Content. Happy. "But the spirits of the dead came back to life and were continuously attacking those of us that still lived. The last I remember of Isilme was the water being red with blood, bodies slashed to pieces littering the ground on the only exit route. Every time I hear the rustle of leaves, sometimes even feathers, I remember the shades and their red, red eyes." The last memories she had of her home were tainted with blood and hatred and it made her sick to her stomach because, in her own way, she had loved Isilme.

It is a symbol of friendship, one I would grant to those who desired to know my language and form a stronger bond with me. But I doubt many would desire such.

He was probably right. "Not everyone likes to exercise their minds, Stormcloud." Evangeline quipped, grateful for the change in subject because she did not think that she could continue speaking of Isilme any longer despite Kaj's blatant curiosity. "But I will try to be the best pupil. You'll just have to forgive my butchering of your language." She looked to the king and smiled. At least she smiled until he asked her what she wanted to know how to say. "I don't know. Why don't you teach me to say something and then tell me what it means?" She suggested

"."

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 03:47 AM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 05:07 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 10:51 PM