the Rift

Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
A look of incredulity wipes away the bird's sneer. She may still be ecstatic from the golden girl's reaction, but she cannot say the same for the gorgon's own response. Why are you shielding her away from me? The malignant vixen had expected Meriwether to join in with her game of wolf and lamb, and she had never thought that the giant would do this. Blue ears flicker back as a dished face peers from behind the lavender's bulky frame. Even after frightening her, the lamb still dares to insult her, though her words do little damage against the peahen's colorful armor. It is the pegasus' words that truly wound her spirit. I thought that we had come to some sort of understanding, you and I. Apparently the Aztec had thought wrong, but the mare’s last words give her hope.

"You say that you see me, Meriwether, but I know that you do not. If you had looked carefully then it would not have been insecurity that you saw, but ferocity instead. I will not have my status lowered by the insults of some child. Certainly a maiden who bears such a hardened frame would have known the distaste that I felt." The Chieftess has no skills in the area of friendly banter, but when it comes to defending herself she claims the highest title. Her words are not meant to bite back at the winged guard, but to provide a reason for her actions with a firm tongue. The bird's reference to the muscular tones of her architecture are not meant to offend her, but to remind her of the unkind words that others may have once delivered. Of course the beauty cannot know this for certain, and perhaps she has just made herself out to be a fool. Regardless of the damage that she may have dealt, the Aztec regards the lavender's hard edges with admiration. If only you had come with me.

As if to affirm this -- and in ignorance of the child's words -- a bold voice states, "We are of the same breed, you and I. Perhaps not in bloodlines, but certainly in spirit. I must agree with you; there is much we can accomplish in the company of each other." You may not be leaving this place with me today, but you will remember this conversation. It is the hybrid’s hope that the lavender will regard her words with as much as certainty as she says them now. "Should you yearn for a much more suitable companion you need only go North."

A quick bow is delivered from one warrior to another, and then the iridescident woman shifts her wings. As the bird prepares herself for flight, her wicked mind remembers that there is another in their presence. A cruel stare seeks out her sun-kissed coat as much less appreciative words fall from her lips. "Just as Meriwether is a creature of her word, so am I. Should the lamb find herself lost again, the wolf has found her hunger." A smile lacking in laughter but full of something darker adorns her blue face as she turns.

The sound of her hooves against the ground is deafening in comparison to the silence of the forest. The lack of noise makes the world seem hollow, and the retreating peahen seeks to fill it with her song. A loud fwip of her wings as she opens them, a dull thud of her legs as she leaves the ground. She is as passionate in her flight as she is in her battle, and soon the bird will be home. Luckily for the two mares that she has encountered, the short-tempered woman will not be returning with their heads.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

{Bellona is out. If either of you would like a thread with her later, or perhaps a spar, I am getting Bel healed and then hatching her egg.
BellonA
breathing life into battered bones
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Messages In This Thread
Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun - by Meriwether - 08-23-2014, 06:48 PM
RE: Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun - by Meriwether - 08-24-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun - by Meriwether - 08-25-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun - by Meriwether - 08-26-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun - by Bellona - 08-27-2014, 04:36 PM