the Rift

[OPEN] we jumped out a window [Far]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
StormBringer

Since his talk with the wise, beautiful Evangeline, Kaj had certainly taken her advice to heart. Not enough for his duties to be left in shambles, but his mind had become more consciously occupied with figuring out the true depth of his feelings for Kahlua. It was a slow, tedious process, one that left him more mentally and emotionally exhausted than anything else. Regardless, he trusted Evangeline implicitly, and her advice would be taken as seriously as possible, for she would not have set the task upon him were it not for a good reason. Though he didn't know how he felt, going back on such age old implanted thoughts that a mare was to come before any stallion, Kaj knew it was time he started to embrace the customs of equality that Helovians seemed to partake in.

His duties were not to be neglected, no matter the state of mind he was in, and so he had relieved one of the soldiers to take up the task himself despite it not being his turn. Gliding past the curve of the glass that marked the borders, dropping low on cool zephyr kisses until blanketed brown pillars grazed the tops of the trees. Kaj often found it was the best way to patrol from the skies, ensuring the distance was short enough from the ground to be able to spy everything with potential malicious intent.

Instead what fell beneath keen cobalt irises was a duo standing amid the shattered glass and dilapidated remains of the skeleton wall. One was an unfamiliar figure, a new face, but the other was easily recalled by the exotic paled marking upon her shoulder and the autumn inspired orange of her coat. Evangeline. Ironic, perhaps, that she appeared as she had just been present on his mind. Desiring to see both her and the new recruit, the Storm Bringer brought the cusp of his wings to the curve of pale belly and dropped from the skies through the treetops.

Landing with a heavy clash of hooves upon soft earth, Kaj jogged off the residual momentum, approaching the two with a warm, welcoming smile. Pausing before them, he took advantage of the spacious clearing, letting massive wings extend and expand, shaking free the tension of flight from strong shoulders before fixing his gaze on the conversing pair. First he turned to Evangeline, smile softening and becoming more intimate with the relationship that existed between them and absent between the king and the newcomer.

"I am glad to see you well, Evangeline. Has your trip treated you well? I see you bring a new face," he slipped easily into the transition of talking to Far instead of Evangeline, turning to regard him with critical eye but welcoming smile. "Welcome, friend. I am Kaj the Storm Bringer, King of these lands. What may I do for you?" Though he trusted Evangeline to do a more than efficient job, he was just as eager to inform and please the hopeful new recruit.

venomxbaby @ DA :: Blusl @ DA

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
we jumped out a window [Far] - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: we jumped out a window [Far] - by Far - 08-23-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: we jumped out a window [Far] - by Evangeline - 08-25-2014, 08:10 PM
RE: we jumped out a window [Far] - by Kaj - 08-25-2014, 09:00 PM
RE: we jumped out a window [Far] - by Far - 08-26-2014, 12:22 AM
RE: we jumped out a window [Far] - by Evangeline - 09-10-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: we jumped out a window [Far] - by Far - 09-12-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: we jumped out a window [Far] - by Kaj - 10-03-2014, 06:47 PM
RE: we jumped out a window [Far] - by Far - 10-04-2014, 08:07 PM