the Rift

[OPEN] I Cry When Angels Deserve To Die.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

If he thought her determined, then he was correct, for it was her view that no one deserved the kind of unhappiness with which she assumed this stallion to be faced. If she was correct, then she knew his despair to be all-encompassing, knew the weight of the world, of his past, of his sins to be on his broad, scarred shoulders - but she knew, too, that it was not his fault, and if it was, he should forgive himself. She knew that they could not go back in time, only forward, into the future that they built for themselves. She knew that misery was a choice, just as happiness was.

But she knew that he would not see that now.

Maybe he would one day, but not this day.

Astraeus soared overhead, watchful golden eyes on the stallion. He did not like the situation, and he let her know through the bond that he did not trust the steed. A creature without purpose was without reason. Someone with nothing to lose had no reason for restraint. All this and more he conveyed to her, though he could not yet do so with words; but she ignored him, for he did not understand, not as she did.

He asked her for a reason, a challenge disguised by a question mark, and she paused. The implication was troubling, and she briefly debated following her zephyr's advice; but in the end, she decided against it, mulling over the question in momentary silence. Finally, she admitted, "I can't. Happiness must come from within." She paused, uncomfortable with her answer. "Let me tell you a story.

"My family was murdered when I was very young. When I came to Helovia, I found my first and greatest friend. I found a mate. I found a home. I thought I was as happy as I could be - but then I gave birth to a stillborn daughter, my mate left me, and my best friend was murdered. It seemed that I was surrounded by death and desertion, and I could not see past my pain, could not breath without the understanding that I was still here, that I had lived while they had died or disappeared. I felt guilt. I felt anger. I felt misery. I was sure that I was destined for nothing, that I would grow old and die while only managing to cause pain and destruction everywhere I went.

"But I have realized that it's not true. It took me a long time, but one day... one day, I found hope again."
She paused, taking an earnest step forward, reaching her nose out in a show of support. "If such a day should come for you, you may find me in the Dragon's Throat." With that, she withdrew once more into herself, and turned to walk away.

"Talk talk talk."

[OOC | Up to you if he lets her leave - if he tries to keep talking, we can keep going!! :D]

you give up your soul till you break down;
subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
I Cry When Angels Deserve To Die. - by Windwalker - 08-24-2014, 06:22 AM
RE: I Cry When Angels Deserve To Die. - by Sohalia - 08-25-2014, 09:58 PM