the Rift

My Return

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen

CAENAN

"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"- Roll With the Wind

A head poked out from behind a thick tree trunk. Green eyes were narrowed in concentration. "You shall not escape." The muttered words, although quiet, were filled with vehemence. Caenan's foe would pay dearly. No one would cross him and get away with it.

In a sudden flury of motion the yearling bounded from his tree fort with his head lowered and ears flattened. "Hah!" The young unicorn stopped short before reaching his mortal enemy. It had fallen over dramatically, not dead; but asleep? Comically flustered and confused he extended a foreleg he poked it. Was it really so unconcerned with me that it went to sleep? No. That couldn't be it! I'm a yearling now. I am tough. It fainted in fear. Caenan puffed up his chest he wasn't a foal anymore, he was on his way to stallion-hood. Rolling his emerald eyes in exasperation at the cowardly possum Caenan snatched his precious treasure back up.

Gently he handled the leather pouch. The colt did his best to forget the mare that had possessed it before him. Why should he be sad? She had abandoned him. Cast him away.

In his absence from Helovia Caenan had met Fabre, a massive blacksmith cremello mare. Whenever her shop had been robbed by a group of rowdy soldiers the mare went bitter towards the rulers that she had once served and Fabre turned to the life of a pirate.

In his mind Caenan had taught the mare all that she knew. But the truth was that she had a bitter heart that had finally found its niche. Ruthless to the core she ended up being infamous in her piratery. On the eve of his first birthday he had woke to find her gone. All she had left was a few scattered hoof-prints and a deserted bedraggled pouch. Not much unlike the colt who then claimed it as his own. They had both served their uses to the mare. She now had a larger newer pouch and also had her own colt growing inside of her.

Blinded by a discouraging mix of frustration and anger he lashed out at a tree near him. Slashing his curved horn against its bark before pounding at it with his hooves.

Tired from his lashing out Caenan layed down and began to nap at the base of the very tree in which he had attacked. With her branches creaking in the Orangemoon breeze the tree offered her lullaby to the lonely colt.

[Image: 2ryqd14.png]
Credits
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Messages In This Thread
My Return - by Caenan - 08-24-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 08-24-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: My Return - by Caenan - 08-24-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 08-26-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: My Return - by Caenan - 08-31-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 08-31-2014, 11:05 PM
RE: My Return - by Caenan - 09-01-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 09-02-2014, 12:29 PM