the Rift

My Return
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
Our time here is brief, our risk enormous. Don't waste the one or increase the other, if you please.
Yar, I didn’t bother hiding obvious pleasure at finding a youth who actually enjoyed this. The contours of my face softened, making me appear younger than previously felt. Meanwhile, my dusty company considered for a moment before replying, after a brief passing he offered an answer toward my riddle. Though wrong, the response very nearly landed upon proper footing. I grinned wider, finding no jest in this game of banter, “Nay, tis not a brook. Though I’d say ye answered rather well. The answer is waterfall.” There was no victory or defeat in riddling, and though we did this as a game the object of our sport was actually a serious matter. You could gauge much from an individual by the way he or she riddled; it lent an eye into their secret selves.

Crown simply nodded acknowledgement as the youngling considered his puzzle and nibbled upon the soft turf below. I stood by, gaze drifting toward some distant spot in the field. Unmoving except for the stray lock of mane or tail that went up in a passing breeze. His delighted tone soon filled the air, lips moving to entice my full attention. Ears perked, listening, repeating those vocals in my mind and sorting through all the riddles I’d come to harvest during the years. After a moment of silent forethought I smiled mildly and replied softly, “Ye speaks of fire?”

“An inferno can be fed, but rain destroys its abilities rather swiftly.” This conversation brought a new light into my eyes, something that hadn’t been seen in many a season, “Would ye care for one more?”

Table by Tamme
Art by Aud
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
My Return - by Caenan - 08-24-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 08-24-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: My Return - by Caenan - 08-24-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 08-26-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: My Return - by Caenan - 08-31-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 08-31-2014, 11:05 PM
RE: My Return - by Caenan - 09-01-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 09-02-2014, 12:29 PM