the Rift

[PRIVATE] Golden Sun Sets

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Thranduil is stronger than he appears, and though I'm sure some of the healing must have been extremely painful, he shows his toughness and holds true. I smile with warmth and comfort, and I feel good about being able to help another soul. But that is not the end of the story, and Thranduil's lips part to beg another favor from me. Though I consider healing more than just a favor, but not something that should ever be paid back. (Unless it was perhaps an enemy that I might heal, but that is an entirely different story, a different situation.) I tilt my head, my ears perked forward as I listen to his tale and what he requests now.

He brings up the Basin, and I wonder if... maybe he was a Basiner before. That it is because of his disagreement with them that he is now an outcast. Or perhaps he is still a Basiner - is he leading me on? No, it does me no good to let so much doubt fall on someone who has never given me any reason to distrust? No, I must give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that what all he tells me is true. Except.. something about the way he talks. It's almost.. too smooth. And why is it that he double checks where I'm from? Was I not quite clear the first time? I don't let any of my suspicions show, and keep my reaction quite blank. He acts reluctant, as if waiting from me to stop him from begging and just tell him to come with me. No, I definitely have suspicions now. But how to act on them? Should I act on them? If he's hiding something, what could he be hiding? Maybe it's something simple, a personal embarrassment, I would not want to pass judgment on someone who doesn't really deserve it. Mentally I sigh - as usual, I think I might be overthinking this.

I nod my head in answer to his request. "Yes, you should come with me. We can find a place for you in the Throat, and will give you a family as long as you are true to us." I subtly narrow my eyes, hoping he understands the intent of my words. Should Thranduil ever betray my trust, he will find himself at the mercy of my wrath. I nod in the direction of the Throat. Since he cannot fly, we will have to make our way more slowly back to my home. I stand to the side, not wanting to walk in front of him in case he struggles with his newly healed wounds. We shall walk there side by side, as equals. He is lucky he found me, and not a more judgmental or easy-to-anger being. I will give him his fair chance.

WC: 473
Tag: @[Thranduil]

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Golden Sun Sets - by Thranduil - 08-24-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Golden Sun Sets - by Andromeda - 09-07-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Golden Sun Sets - by Thranduil - 09-09-2014, 11:05 PM
RE: Golden Sun Sets - by Andromeda - 09-10-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Golden Sun Sets - by Thranduil - 09-11-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: Golden Sun Sets - by Andromeda - 09-12-2014, 12:18 AM
RE: Golden Sun Sets - by Thranduil - 09-16-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Golden Sun Sets - by Andromeda - 09-18-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: Golden Sun Sets - by Thranduil - 09-21-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Golden Sun Sets - by Andromeda - 09-24-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: Golden Sun Sets - by Thranduil - 10-04-2014, 10:22 PM