the Rift

[OPEN] They'll All Burn Out One Day

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

You couldn’t let them know. You couldn’t let them see. If they knew what world you really lived them it would all fall to pieces. Everything you had built after that had been based on never reliving that moment. It’s how you trace about the lands in a flash of pride and power. It’s how you are able to laugh and flirt with the ladies like there’s no care. It’s how you can twist the truth without guilt. Because it isn’t real. This life it’s not real, but that’s always been for the best. If it’s not real then you can make it what you want. Make it a world without such horrors as those you ignore, and you a golden angel without a fault. That’s all you’ve ever wanted isn’t it? To be without fault. No wonder when it surfaced the world came crashing down. You are not just with fault but a dark and sinister evil. The world does not allow such evils to continue unpunished. You should not exist.

Sweat trickled down under the gold coat, and his flesh trembles at the strange caress. Chest caves, then can’t stand it and gasps for air, drowning. So when that damsel speaks and the gold’s wide earth eyes turn to her, it is understandable that he can not comprehend her here. What was she doing here in this madness? She shouldn’t be here. No one should, but especially her. The girl was innocent, too unknowing of the evils to know such a panicking web he is now caught in. What had she said though? Twin horns twist to the side and body stills for a moment. He can go? Gold head pauses and moment then finally looks to the door, but it doesn’t seem to calm him much, nor does he bolt towards it as he would have moments ago, for now something else is working. Caught as he was in a windstorm in his mind the air was sparking with threat. He could handle it. He had lived through it before. But she? The damsel who reached out through this terror to…help? It was incomprehensible. Dangerous. Reckless. Did she know that? No…of course she couldn’t comprehend the full world the gold now struggled through. But that’s what made her actions even more dangerous, but also, more precious.

Then she moves, stepping over her precious basket and egg. Golden harks pin and his steps back, but not in anger, but in fear. Now he sees why she did so dangerous a step. Fear. She fears him. No….that’s…she shouldn’t. He wouldn’t…but he almost had. No, she was in danger, she feared it. She who knew not of the evils she faced could not possibly defeat them, and it threatened her. The damsel had nothing to shield herself. How could she possible create weapons against that which she was blind to? She would surely fall against this evil. No! She couldn’t. A tentative step forward is his chance, but he stops there. The girl’s lips part once more and it brings to head this new fear, her safety. He fears for her safety, from him, and it unsettles him all the more, but not in the panic which just tore him apart, but in a deeper trouble. One he should be able to stop but he can’t trust himself to. He can not stop the madness which just consumed him and tore him asunder from reality. It was not safe for her here, so he would go.

Oh but to leave her fearing it was her own doing. To see her pensive face, and face traced with fear, it wounded him. So the gold stumbles over himself in concern. “I….I’m sorry.” He could not leave her like such. She wanted more, he had to fix this. So he falls to old habits which always seem to work so well. The damsel wanted an answer, but the truth would not do, she would not understand it. So he shall protect her with a lie. For her protection from the evil and true danger she just placed herself the golden would spin her the tale which always seemed to placate her before. “Memories….” No! It wasn’t enough. Something else, think of something else. “It will pass.” Better, keep going. “I’m sorry I upset you, it was not your fault.” He glances down to her precious basket. Now, all should be mended, time to leave the girl before more danger arose. Those earth eyes look back up to her, and seem to grow more distant. “I should go…take care-“ and be safe. But he does not finish it and instead turns, and with low head moves off into the storm, which has settled to just a steady heavy rain, its force spent.

How do you move on from this? This crash of the past, and dangerous blooming flower of a future you can not follow? Well, you forget of course. You ignore it. It never happened. Distance makes the soul forget. It pacifies fears, and makes the strange understandable. In the morning none will know, and you can move through this place again without a second thought to what hell was just opened. And her? What if you see her again? Well, it was just a ploy. Just a charade as before. Nothing at all real, and truthful about what happened here.

OOC :: Thran out....
@[Kahlua]
"speech"

You saw my pain washed out in the rain
Broken glass, saw the blood run from my veins
But you saw no fault, no cracks in my heart
And you knelt beside my hope torn apart
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
They'll All Burn Out One Day - by Thranduil - 08-25-2014, 07:51 PM
RE: They'll All Burn Out One Day - by Kahlua - 08-26-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: They'll All Burn Out One Day - by Thranduil - 08-28-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: They'll All Burn Out One Day - by Kahlua - 08-31-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: They'll All Burn Out One Day - by Thranduil - 09-07-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: They'll All Burn Out One Day - by Kahlua - 09-25-2014, 10:24 PM
RE: They'll All Burn Out One Day - by Thranduil - 10-25-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: They'll All Burn Out One Day - by Kahlua - 11-08-2014, 05:07 PM
RE: They'll All Burn Out One Day - by Thranduil - 11-19-2014, 11:27 AM