the Rift

[OPEN] Mental Disarray

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

This is the first time that I've left this new home - the Basin - since entering Helovia. Padding out through the entrance to the herd land, past the Sentinels, my toes dig into the cold soil that stays dark, even in the moonlight. I've wandering, not paying much attention to where I'm going. Nothing that goes bump in the night has caught my attention, being nothing more than ordinary nocturnal creatures. The days and nights are getting cooler, and my winter coat is growing in; longer, thicker hairs the shorter, sleeker ones. I exhale, and I see steam rise up in front of my eyes. But beyond that short-sighted view, is some body that lies in the meadow that I have found myself strolling through.

I crouch down in the meadow, amongst the thistle. My eyes reflect the light of the moon - if you dare to look my way. But this thing in the grasses doesn't yet notice my presence. I'm not close enough to be seen by the average eyes of an equine. Unless it has been blessed with night vision, it will have not spotted me quite yet. I sneak closer, masking my shape with the thistles. The scent that wafts toward me is that of a female. Immediately I feel more at ease. My young mind is predisposed to enjoy the company of females more than males, trusting them more. I creep as silently as I can, and finding myself close to the female - a few feet?, I finally rise from my cover.

"Good evening," I speak softly, barely above a whisper. I won't eat her, I think. Otherwise would I have not already pounced? Though I find my stomach rumbling at the thought of food, I'm more interested in who she is. She does not smell like those in the Basin. So, better to learn. I am not cruel; I do not play with my food before I eat it. If she isn't already dead, then she won't be, at least tonight.

WC: 335
Tag: @[Jahzara]

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Mental Disarray - by Jahzara - 08-26-2014, 03:26 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Saffron - 09-16-2014, 01:22 AM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Jahzara - 09-22-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Saffron - 09-22-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Jahzara - 09-28-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Saffron - 10-03-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Jahzara - 11-07-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Saffron - 11-08-2014, 12:53 AM