the Rift

[OPEN] Mental Disarray

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Finally, her brain has returned to full-functioning form in that little skull of hers. I stare at her, eyes watching carefully as always, as she tries to work out what I'm doing sitting here talking to her. At first, I had approached out of amusement. But now I don't know what I have stayed. Perhaps only to identify her scent. But with the mention of a previous cat encounter, she's become more interesting than probably most of Helovia. Attacked as a yearling by cougars? It's strange for more than one to hunt together, I wonder if they were siblings. Perhaps she had enraged them? She doesn't give the details as to the why, only the when and the how. It's a good enough answer, though the 'why' may poke around in the back of my mind for a good while.

It doesn't surprise me that she's never seen a tiger before. To my knowledge big cats aren't that common in Helovia - especially tigers. I didn't spend enough time with my mother to ask her these questions - or even to know to ask them. But since she has answered my curiosity, I shall answer hers, though she doesn't ask in a question form. "I am a tiger. And I do not eat every prey I stumble upon, at least not immediately. Sometimes I like to chat first." That should calm her down. Every minute we speak buys her another minute of life. Though I don't intend to eat her. "Plus I'm not hungry." I add nonchalantly, the thought not occurring to me that only this last statement may provide an ounce of comfort.

And then, at last, introductions. Ah, so she is of the World's Edge. That other place I'm not supposed to eat from....

"Jahzara of the World's Edge. I am Saffron, of the Aurora Basin." The formality is almost comforting to me. It lets me stay distant from, well, everyone. And then, so matter-of-factly: "You are off limits."

WC: 329
Tag: @[Jahzara]

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Mental Disarray - by Jahzara - 08-26-2014, 03:26 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Saffron - 09-16-2014, 01:22 AM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Jahzara - 09-22-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Saffron - 09-22-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Jahzara - 09-28-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Saffron - 10-03-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Jahzara - 11-07-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: Mental Disarray - by Saffron - 11-08-2014, 12:53 AM