the Rift

i'll light the fuse [joining..]

Lullaby Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The ground stretched for fathoms beneath her grey hooves. She was starting to assume this place was only full of green forest, and icy mountain tops. Where on earth was a Pegasus suppose to land in all this mess? Usually such things would not bother her, but today they did. She had only recently recovered from an injury, and it would not take much for it to break open. So a ground full of trees would be irksome to her, something she did not want to bother with. With the wind in her favor, helping her ride the streams she titled her face, away from the sun to the ground enough to see the land was changing. Some luck to shine upon her at last, she bitterly thought.

The land really was changing, there was a glow of red in a sea of grass, and to the south now that...that was what she needed. A lush lake, with some trees, but open ground. She was a little weary to be diving into the middle of it, not knowing who nor what was around. She had been told other horses of sorts lived here, but the one who had given her this information, little did she trust.

A deep breath of the cool air, she savored the rush of wind in her short mane, until slowly letting herself drift down, down, down. She had to start somewhere, and it might as well be here. The ground came rushing to greet her, and she readied herself, stretching out her limbs to embrace the landing she was about to take. With bend to her slim pillars, they took the energy of the impact, and the absorption caused her front, left knee to crumple. She had been flying long enough it was numb, and was out of practice since hurting her wing. A muttered curse, she pulled her wing's protectively to her sides, and then the mare shook her neck, straightening her figure. Dignity returned, her cobalt eyes surveyed the surroundings. It looked like an oasis, was it really? Suspicious eyes, she was not sure, and let her nostrils test the air. It smelled like her kind here, and a mark boundary. Cautiously she tried to place herself not too far in it, but with her luck she was likely doing the opposite. Worried, she let out a deep nicker. Hello? It would seem to say, as if afraid to be unanswered.

Messages In This Thread
i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Lullaby - 08-29-2012, 09:27 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [Prometheus..acceptance] - by Lullaby - 09-03-2012, 11:17 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Lullaby - 09-10-2012, 10:32 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Midas - 09-12-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Lullaby - 09-16-2012, 11:35 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Midas - 09-18-2012, 09:31 AM
RE: i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Lullaby - 09-24-2012, 05:52 PM