the Rift

Steps Toward the Future [Qian Meeting]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

[Apologies beforehand if Kiba and Kali are incorrect, your profiles weren't very descriptive of them :x p.s. I cannot draw gryphons D:]

I wander behind Rishima, the only familiar one to me so far, letting my mind drift. The method of the Foothills meeting still left me doubting my recent choices to return to an organized lifestyle. This, Qian, from what I understand is not affiliated directly with the herd activities, but resides within the land. It is similar to the methods my second dam, Armads used for her group when taking shelter in the Tides. The same black stallion led those sands then too. I smile at this coincidence, amused by that little alignment in an otherwise entirely different time, space and situation.

Life has a sense of humor surely.

I have already made the decision though and I am determined to see it out, if but for a while. It will be a wise choice with the coming winter too, for summer left me far too weak this year.

Musing such things to myself I am startled by the sudden dart of white from Rishima's back and the outcry she gives. I raise my head in alarm, ears high and eyes wide as I watch the small gryphon harry the brown dragon. I shrink back a little, wary of this - I am not bonded to a companion and am hesitant to forge such a bond. In some ways this makes me less understanding of the companions everyone else has, and there seems to be many thus far in this group.

Kali, the pale gryphon, was not so fierce a minute ago. I was surprised to find Rishima had made that connection since my last time seeing her. I met that one griffin though, Merakerr, and rather enjoyed her company so I am not afraid of Kali. Now however, she displays her prowess and I am worried by the might such an animal can deliver with those talons and beak. Mostly I am off-put from companions by their link they make internally with you, as I've been told. Sometimes I think a friend to always have would be nice, but I don't know how I'd feel about the lack of privacy, even in your own mind and heart.

I complain about my loneliness, but maybe I'm to used to it now to give it up so freely.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steps Toward the Future [Qian Meeting] - by Gaspard - 08-30-2012, 06:15 PM
RE: Steps Toward the Future [Qian Meeting] - by Ink - 08-30-2012, 08:08 PM