the Rift

[OPEN] Sunshine and Stormclouds

Meriwether Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

M E R I W E T H E R

The approaching storm clouds swallowed the sunshine, painting the Edge in a dreary palette of grays. The warrior hoped this wasn’t a bad omen but said nothing as she watched the Captain and his companion approach. Her lilac mane floated behind her like a banner and waved with each gust of wind. Melted golden eyes traced the one named Archibald. He was a midnight beast, dripping in black ink and accented by white. He stood a mere couple inches taller than Meri and his build was the wide mass of a front line warrior , rich with muscle. The veteran spared not a single batted eyelash when the Archibald settled in before her. The silence that followed was punctuated by mutual observation. Meri was not oblivious to his dominating gaze but lowered her crown respectfully. ”My name is Meriwether.’ she said, in a rather unemotional tone and something that looked like a haphazard grin wormed it’s way across the battle scarred grey’s maw. Though her lips did not curl upward and it would be easily missed if one were not looking for it; it was a smile nevertheless.

Deciding it best not to stare at the stranger who judged her fate, her yellow orbs traveled to the outskirts of the forest, marveling at the tall trees as they hung their shadows over the earth. She took a deep breath, exhaling through flared nostrils, before her orbs narrowed and veered from Jahzara back to Archibald. Crown cocked in his direction, her eyes narrowed with curiosity. I’m not one for small talk so I’ll get to the point. I am a soldier in the dark, a queen with a ruined soul who refuses to break. I am a beast in the spare moments when I cannot think but react but I am looking for a home, allies, a fresh start, a second chance.” Meri’s face matched the tone of her voice. Ears forward, not allowing a single display of emotion to come forward, it was as hard as stone. It would be easy for others to mistake her emotionless appearance as rude although he wasn’t trying to be. She was a product of excruciating training and years of war. Meriwether remained in the same familiar concrete stance which displayed her honor and discipline. ”Honesty is the best policy or so they say, I’m not one to beat around the bush. My past is messy but I can be an asset to you.” for such an intensely muscled body, her voice was still alluring but in a peculiar way despite its lack of passion. Fluidly after she spoke, she placed her right hoof before her and rounded her nape so that her cranium lowered towards Archibald. This act of supplication was done as an incredible sign of respect.

tags: @[Archibald]!
ooc notes: Jahzara gave me permission to skip her!
words: 460

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

Messages In This Thread
Sunshine and Stormclouds - by Jahzara - 08-27-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: Sunshine and Stormclouds - by Meriwether - 08-28-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Sunshine and Stormclouds - by Archibald - 08-30-2014, 09:38 AM
RE: Sunshine and Stormclouds - by Meriwether - 09-04-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: Sunshine and Stormclouds - by Jahzara - 09-16-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Sunshine and Stormclouds - by Random Event - 09-21-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: Sunshine and Stormclouds - by Archibald - 09-24-2014, 03:52 PM