the Rift

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

So naive the Goddess thought with a twisted smile upon her pale lips. She liked it. Let her Seer think this place good, and kind, and safe. That is what her brothers said of it, wasn't it? Sure it was, and so it shall be. Never mind what would come next. Let them think themselves protected her. "We are indeed watching." The Goddess confirmed ambiguously, looking up into the heavens briefly, smiling to herself.

"The Basin?" The Goddess repeated, her blinding gaze shifting from the stars to the mare before her. Curiosity contorted her features, as the smile disappeared from her lips, replaced with a frown of puzzlement. "Do you not think yourselves strong enough? Have you not built a wall? Have I not given you the cover of mists and the sheer cliffs that surround you, as protection? I helped the Qian the Edge. Although there are not as many who might remember that battle and siege, surely the unicorns of the Basin should think twice before trying to take it back. Their God has done little but tear holes in time and displace their members - " Realizing that her voice had raised with frustration, and that she was going on a tangent, the Goddess paused. Her tail lashed slightly, but she regained her composure quickly. A perfect smile played upon her lips, as the twinkle of mischief returned to her eyes. "Who knows if they should be trusted, Nasreen. But I will tell you this, don't. Don't trust them - trust no one, even if you think them worthy of it. There may come a time when your trust in others fails, when your cries go unanswered, or when those you thought on your side betray you. Lingering in pity and injustice that they broke your trust will do you no good. Tell Kahlua and Kaj this: Trust no one. Do what is best, but always at a distance, even if others think you are close. Do not rely on the other herds for help. If you need strength, find it in me - not in them."

Her words were strong, inspirational, however cryptic they might seem. All would be revealed in time.

"Take this - " An amulet of her own making, infused with her blood, appeared in the air. A cold breeze gently guided it to Nasreen, slipping gently over her neck and sparkling with the light of some unseen force. "Let it be proof to your leaders that the message you carry indeed comes from me."

Messages In This Thread
Blue moon, you saw me standing alone - by Nasreen - 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Blue moon, you saw me standing alone - by God of the Moon - 10-16-2014, 12:31 PM