the Rift

[OPEN] Hey Mama
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Take away this disease, which you are letting me feed.</style>

She appeared lost, or otherwise unsure about her surroundings. No smile warmed that concerned face, nay, nothing but the narrowed brow of befuddlement. I settled in, quiet now and waiting for a reply. Said mare responded, but the question lacked real meat.

I’m left wondering where exactly this lass had been during the time of sickness and grief – when our numbers had shrunk and the dead haunted our footsteps. The gods had reshaped this territory and many other lands, raising the ground from ash and birthing anew. They did this out of necessity, Helovia had been tainted and unfit for life. Unfit for anything other than a quick death.

Before I could get a single word out to explain, the woman apologized. My smile gentled into one of familiar understanding and sympathy. “Say true. This land was once called such – Earth remade it after the time of sickness had passed.” Was this one a former foothills member then? A kinman thrown into the arms of outcast, one that fled the claws of disease only to return and find everything she once knew…completely gone?

Voice softened, easing into the next statement with compassion for her bewilderment, “Ye is welcome here regardless.” I’d not keep a clanmate from their home, “My name is Midas.” The shock of losing a home was one to be regarded with care, my first reaction might have been the same had Dragon’s Throat been so cruelly altered without explanation. These mountains still bore hints of that former landscape.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Hey Mama - by Circe - 08-30-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Hey Mama - by Midas - 09-02-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Hey Mama - by Circe - 09-06-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: Hey Mama - by Midas - 09-07-2014, 08:43 PM