the Rift

You and the Spy

Rayo the Reindeer Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Mare :: Other :: 16.2 hh :: 21
Rayo
You seem a lot like me,
Just with a deadly virginity.

APPERENCE REF :: Like him, in that they are both golden, Midas just with black (death is usually portrayed as black), and white (virginity is usually portrayed with white).
PERSONALITY REF :: Both in general are considered golden boys (stress on the word seem)

0 | Nothing about this really made me think "golden." Further, the appearance ref does not point to black and white to me. Saying "a lot like me" makes me think of another palomino, or a unicorn.

We’ve shared sweat, and thirst,
Just with a different name to curse.

HISTORY REF :: Sweat is caused by heat, and thirst is caused by dryness, both classic definitions of deserts. Both have (note the past tense ‘shared’) lived in desert, but each was in a different place, so a different name to curse. Though I don’t think this is noted here on the site for Thranduil, it is on DA history. Regardless, I believe the clue could be understood without knowing Thranduil’s history and the relation of the two of them is fluff.
+1 | Reference to the desert, though even this is just barely passing for me because it is still a little vague.

Unlike me, you’ll never see this coming,
Which is rather ironic and funny.

PERSONALITY REF :: Midas is very defensive and watchful of his herd. He constantly starts posts as watching over them, or protecting the boarder. Not to mention Midas is usually the one doing the blocking in stealths (instead of Steele, the head of spies). So it is ironic that he will miss this one attack at him (hopefully). Which unlike (-cough-the egotistical –cough) Thranduil who thinks he knows all. As a causer of trouble he’ll find the irony of all of this incredibly humorous.
0 | I don't think this specifically points to Midas or his personality. This would apply to anyone at which the stealth was aimed - the point is that they won't see it coming.

I’d hate to make you fall,
ITEM REF :: A reverse statement. Thranduil is seeking Midas’s armor, without which he will/might fall.
0 | I'm not sure I understand this clue, to be totally honest. If anything, it might vaguely reference a high rank, but it definitely does not say 'item' to me.

But this is too much fun after all.
FLUFF :: -ish, Thran enjoys taking the pride of others because he’s all rude like that.
I did not tell a lie did I,
In how alike are you and the spy.

1/3 needed to pass, so this is a FAIL for me.

Messages In This Thread
You and the Spy - by Thranduil - 08-31-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: You and the Spy - by Morir - 08-31-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: You and the Spy - by Ophelia - 08-31-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: You and the Spy - by Thranduil - 09-01-2014, 05:06 PM
RE: You and the Spy - by Bellona - 09-01-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: You and the Spy - by Thranduil - 09-01-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: You and the Spy - by Bellona - 09-03-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: You and the Spy - by Thranduil - 09-03-2014, 01:34 PM
RE: You and the Spy - by Thranduil - 09-03-2014, 02:00 PM
RE: You and the Spy - by Rayo - 09-03-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: You and the Spy - by Blu - 09-03-2014, 09:38 PM